Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leanne
Dedicated September 2022 West Yorkshire

Moving in the wedding dress

Leanne, 18 of June of 2022 at 08:53 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
Helllòoo

Anyone else planning on practicing moving in their dress?I have a beautiful dress and it looks quite poofy (for me) and I have never worn anything like this before and when I went for my alterations I felt awkward walking around in itSoooooo decided after I pick up my dress next week I am going to practice walking and sitting down in it
Good idea? Bad idea? Anyone else doing it?

6 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 18 of June of 2022 at 10:13
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    Moving in the wedding dress 1
    This is it x
  • G
    Curious October 2022 North Yorkshire
    Georgie ·
    • Hide content
    If it helps you feel more comfortable on the day then it’s probably not a bad idea, but just be really careful not to catch it on anything as you could easily snag it.
    Also just remember that it should be a lot easier to move in once the length has been altered correctly compared to when you’ve tried on the sample or your own dress at the first fitting. Are you having a button & loop or anything like that added to the back to allow you to bustle it up? Again, could help you to move around in it a bit more easily.
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I only had to get the straps altered which was nice and easy and yes it has one of those loopy things on it and we have been given guidance how to find it as my niece couldn't find hers on the day and ended up carrying her train
    Oh I will be super careful in it just need to get used to walking in it I think
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Agree with georgie on this one be very careful the lace is so delicate wouldnt want you to catch it the dress is gorgeous also just remember you have enough time when h2b is out to do this wouldnt want him so see you x💗
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh fear not @michelle he will be at work when I do this, his Mum will come over and help me with it
    Bless her she cried when I bought it ( had my mum on video call)
    I won't lie I have put my tiara on a couple of times te he but made my man hide my wedding ring from me so don't try playing with that too
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats good them i tried mine on he seen me in it but i dont mind has its only him and our kids at the wedding be careful at least you will have some help and im glad you cant have the ring you would be gutted if somethin happened to that enjoy your practising in it x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics