Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

haylee81
Beginner May 2012

My rant! Thank you la senza for keeping my money and my bridal underwear!

haylee81, 11 January, 2012 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 19

As the title says, just needed to vent some frustration out. Assured by customer services there online website would still be trading...like hell. £60 lost. Oh well I have 2 days before my fitting and I'm underwearless and short on dough arghhhhh ☹️

19 replies

Latest activity by cel125, 13 January, 2012 at 14:57
  • lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Why cant you get your money back??xxx

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Long story but cut short. I was assured that their online site would still be up and running when I ordered my bridal underwear as some of there stores have been closed down due to administration, the ones that are still open are being taken over by another company. So they won't refund me as there is no longer a la senza lol.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Oh gosh thats bad. lets go on dragons den and tell the la senza man he's a tool and you want your money back Smiley smile

x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He is no longer La Senza man... he jumped ship a while ago.

I am confused, have you received your items, or have you paid and were still waiting on delivery?

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Can you not get your money back if you paid by credit card?

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I had no idea that la Senza had gone into admin, not good! Used to love that shop.

Sucks that you can't get your money back, did you know they were in trouble when you ordered?

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ETA pressed send faaar to quickly!

WSS didn't know La Senza had gone into administration!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

That information must of only come up on the website as I tried looking earlier today and it just said the site has closed down. I spoke to the people dealing with the administration and at first they said there was no chance of me getting my items or a refund even though my order had been packaged and awaiting collection. Just got a phone call an hour ago to say there might be a chance I'll receive my items but could take up to a month!

I placed the order before I new they were closing down, but apparently the staff were fully aware and should of made this clear when I made the order. They did not, otherwise I wouldn't of taken the risk.

I paid la senza through paypal so there working on getting something back to me through my insurance with them. But they don't hold out much hope.

Just got to wait and see now. Just had to order some gossard's off very catalogue now as won't be able to go shopping before Friday (due tomorrow). If la senza arrives I'll probably sell it on ebay lol, see if I can get some dollars back

• C
    cel125 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with la senza, was just wondering, could you tell me how you got in touch with the people in charge of administration of la senza, have you got a contact number or something? I ordered some things from them some time before they went into administration and like you have received neither the goods nor any money back, very annoying. A number for someone to call would be a great help! thanks

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your chances of getting through to la senza are slim as I tried every number, I did speak to someone at head office but she was horrid and said she couldn't help! I've got a number for a lady dealing with the administration and she's been really great her name is Rachael @ KPMG ****. She informed me that if our order had been picked and ready for dispatch there was a good chance we would receive them in the next 10 days, I had a email telling me mine had been dispatched but the courier told me they had never received anything. Pop onto there website too, they have just put some blarb on their. But my advice...call Rachael. Let me know how you get on!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To be fair she has probably just lost her job and chances are she won't know anything anyway.

This is the website advice:

La Senza Ltd in administration ("the Company")
    Joint administrators - David Standish, Richard Fleming and Rob Croxen

David Standish, Richard Fleming and Rob Croxen were appointed joint administrators of the Company on 9 January 2012.

Following their appointment the administrators sold 60 stores to Alshaya UK Limited. The remainder of the stores have closed and the internet business has ceased operating immediately upon the administrators' appointment.

The administrators are using their reasonable endeavours to send out all internet orders which had already been processed and packaged, however all orders not processed at appointment cannot be fulfilled and therefore will be cancelled and no funds taken from customers.

If you have any outstanding returns that have not been refunded or replaced at the date of administration, in accordance with the insolvency legislation, you will need to make an unsecured creditor claim in the administration.

If you consider you have an unsecured creditor claim against the Company please send details of your claim to the following address:

La Senza Ltd in administration
    C/o KPMG LLP
    Arlington Business Park
    Theale
    Reading
    RG7 4SD

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Can you claim for your loss of attire on your wedding Insurance as it covers suppliers going into administration. I know it won't help you now as you need to purchase underwear but at least you may get your money back.

Hope you get it sorted.

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

I know it doesn't help but interesting how it's be bought by Alshaya. This is as far as I know a Middle East based company that used to have a lot of the UK shops in Kuwait.

Sorry a totally pointless comment. Hope things work out for you though I know it becomes the principle of the thing rather than the cash even of you do get it back.

• N
    Beginner April 2012
    Natjay ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry about your loss but i'm just confused i ordered from their website last week after knowing about the administration and my delivery came within a few days. i have since tried to access their site but it comes up error. I guess i may have been lucky and i'm sorry.

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    mm2b ·
    • Hide content

I also ordered from them a couple of weeks ago, knowing about the administration, and recieved my pacakge about 10 days later. Seems odd that they seem to be fullfilling the later placed orders rather than the older ones! This doesn't help you I realise, hope you get it sorted soon!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Just a quick update! I received my package yesterday. BUT! They didn't send the correct sizes, so ebay here I come, going to see if I can get back more than 10p in every £ which is what the administrators quoted me as a refund (once they have paid off everyone else). Hopefully you ladies will receive your items and in the right size lol.

• C
    cel125 ·
    • Hide content

Spoke to a different lady using the number you gave me because Rachel was out- she said they were trying their best etc. etc. and that I should keep a look-out for the package. Glad you got your stuff finally, annoyed it wasn't the right size, but at least you might get some money back from ebay because it's unlikely you'll see anything anytime soon from la senza's leftovers lol thanks for your help anyway and hope the fitting went/goes well, you said two days to go about two days ago lol, wonder if it's today... anyway thanks haylee!

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

If you paid using credit card, you have insurance on this and they will refund you the money.

If you paid on VISA debit, you also have protection so contact your bank and they will investigate. We paid £500 a few years ago for a deposit on some furniture at MFI. We paid on an ordinary debit card (which wouldn't work at the time so rather than put on credit card we phoned back the next morning to pay - the gods were trying to tell us!) and we had no cover though the bank did say they would look into it, nothing came of it and we lost the money.

• C
    cel125 ·
    • Hide content

I did actually use a visa debit card, will wait to see if the stuff comes and if not will phone the bank, cheers Wherts2b!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics