Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

judeclarke
Beginner October 2011

My shoes hurt...

judeclarke, 13 of October of 2011 at 14:41 Posted on Planning 0 25

I have been trying to wear in my lovely sparkly red shoes for weeks, and they are still damned uncomfortable. They are just not wide anough - I normally have to get wide-fit shoes, and my shoes are just TOO narrow. I have tried stretching them with shoe stretchers, I have tried damp newpaper but thye're not leather so I'm not having any luck. The problem is that the material has to be quite stiff because of the glitter and it just won't give.

So I am left with 3 choices:

1. Put up with it, try and smile through the pain for the ceremony and change into flats as soon as.

2. Dump the shoes ([:'(]) and just wear my flats. I managed to obtain a pair or red glitter converse trainer for the evening, I could just wear them instead.

3. Go shoe shopping for a new pair. I'm actually a bit miffed that having looked for red glitter shoes for years there were none to be found other than as part of a 'Dorothy' fancy dress outfit, and now there are at least 4 different styles in Schuh (including irrecgular choice and hush puppies!)

What say you ladies (and gents)?

25 replies

Latest activity by may2012bride, 16 of October of 2011 at 14:17
  • alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

If it were me I would get some new ones .... but then i will use any excuse to go shoe shopping!!!

No point wearing them if they are going to hurt you - nothing worse than sore feet. I guess it depends on how much you want to wear heels on the day (has your dress been altered to fit the height of the shoes?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Having no idea what you look like and no idea what your plans are for any health kicks for the wedding, I have recently found that a few pounds lost made my feet smaller. Not sure if it's worth relying on though.

Are the inners particularly cushiony? Could you try to replace/flatten?

Can you not see new ones you like as much?

• Elvisforever
    Beginner June 2012
    Elvisforever ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! Red sparkly shoes sound gorgeous, that's what I wanted! Think I'd go for the third option and search for a new pair sadly. Can you sell the others do you think? You really don't want to be in pain all day!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

If they are really painful you may have to write them off and get a new pair. You can't be in pain on your wedding day as too much standing and it will show when you walk and on your face when they start to rub. I would keep walking around the house in them though just to see if they soften a bit as it is a shame to waste them. There is always ebay so you can try and recoup some of the cost.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I've just looked on Schu and I'm now in love the hush puppies!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I find that too, but I have 9 days....Don't think I can lose enough in that time!

My outfit is a skirt and corset, so there's bit of leeway on length, it was made to touch the ground in flats anyway, as the plan was to ditch the heels as soon as anyway. But I don't think I'll get across the compound and up the stairs to the ceremony room :-(. But I need heels (I'm short and a size 20 and my bridesmaids are taller than me in slippers!) - it's not the heel I have issues with, just the width.

And money isn't an issue - I have credit card...

• Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content

Don't normally post, but if you were opting for the 'buy a new pair' option, then have a look at Kurt Geiger as I have red sparkly shoes with a bow on the front and their Kurt Geiger. Mine were last season and got them in the sale, but I'm pretty sure they do a new style.

I am pretty similar in that they are so high I know they are going to be so uncomfortable, but I'm going to wear them for as long as I can and then switch to some trainers!

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case go and buy some new ones - better to make the decision sooner rather than later - if you change your mind you can always take them back unworn!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.redshoesheaven.co.uk/

Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner November 2011
    November 2011 bride ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain Smiley sad

I have my dream shoes (my avatar) and i adore them, they are comfy as long as i am sitting lol or moving but the minute i stand still for more than 5mins they cripple me Smiley sad mine are high tho and as much as i love them i KNOW i wil regret it on wedding day, i could wear them and take them off as soon as i could but that would make my dress too long Smiley sad so i have 2 other pairs, a green pair and a purple pair as I cant decide but both pairs fit comfortably so have no need to make decision till day really, but i will take my dream ones and at some point wear them JUST to say i have worn them lol

Not a helpful post really sorry

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

After I read this I went on facebook and saw this

https://www.facebook.com/theglassslippercompany?sk=wall

they have a red pair that made me think of you!

• amychambers
    Beginner January 2015
    amychambers ·
    • Hide content

Could you get someone else to try them on to see if they break them, cheeky but might work! I would get new ones though, you don't want to feel pain on the day.

I found a guide on tips about purchasing wedding shoes which might help - Wedding Shoes Tips

Good luck xx

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

I would get new ones Hun, its important your comfy you stand a lot during the day, and if there sore it will be off putting for you xx

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

I love sparkly shoes and would be gutted not wear them but having feet burning is the last thing you want. I went in schuch the other day and they had a few sparkly pairs but cant remeber if their was red ones. If your wedding wasn't so close I would have been happy to have a go at blinging you a pair up in red crystals xx

• Banana88
    Beginner May 2012
    Banana88 ·
    • Hide content

As many others have said, I would get a new pair. You really want to be comfy on your big day. I was a BM for my friend a few years back, she bought us the highest pair of shoes ever! I'm not one for wearing high heels, but as she had bought them I felt obliged. We had to stand for majority of the service, my feet were burning and in agony. I had to keep fidgeting my feet but felt so silly. That's the last thing you want as a bride especially as all the attention will be on you.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I have decided to go shoe shopping! My OH agrees that sore feet will not make for a good day, so we can stand the extra £60 for new shoes. I am torn between

Hush puppies 'noella'

or red or dead 'shirley'

I won't know until I try them on, but both look gorgeous! Will update you after my shopping trip tomorrow....

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

Oooooh they are both beauties ....so difficult to choose ... if forced, I think I would go with the second pair ... but either will be fabulous!!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I like no 1

No way can you wear shoes that hurt on your wedding day.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was coming on to post in the 'NEW SHOES HELL YEAH' camp but see you have wisely already made that decision!!

These, lovely lovely lovely Smiley smile

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Hush puppies ones. So pretty!!

Jude I'm in the same camp re shoes hurting. I've worn them round the house and they are fine but on Wednesday I went to have final dress fitting and had the shoes on and they were pinching around the toes. Admittedly my socks weren't sheer stockings that I will be wearing and my feet were very hot but I've decided if I can't wear them all day I will take a pair of purple shoes I have which I go out in which are comfy (our accent colour is purple!) failing that I'll dance bare foot!

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i LOVE the first pair, the red seems richer and the bows are lovely!!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Oh no that's a shame about your shoes, I love the first pair Smiley smile Wish I had spotted them before I bought mine!!

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    may2012bride ·
    • Hide content

These are the exact same shoes I am deciding between! They are lovely, although I think I am leaning towards the Hush Puppies as the glitter on the other ones is rougher, if that makes sense and I'm a bit worried about it catching on my dress!! New Look also do a pair I am considering, Shellys Mid Heel Glitter shoes but they are a brighter red.

Please can I be cheeky and ask you where you got your original shoes from?

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's really sweet of you!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're a brand called 'Bordello', I got them from Love Burlesque.

I have bought the Red or Dead ones! The Hush Puppies have finer glitter but both are exactly the same shade if you look closely. I have had to go for a bigger size though to account for my HUGELY WIDE feet (I measure in at 4.5 EEE with a high instep too and had to buy a 6!) but they're actually quite comfy. The Puppies were comfortable too, but I liked the other ones more.

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    may2012bride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, they are lovely! The more I look at them the more I am veering towards the Red or Dead ones, they catch your eye more! They look fabulous, you've made a great choice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics