Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kjay
Beginner August 2013

Nakedness and Bathtime...

Kjay, 16 December, 2012 at 16:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 32

This may be a bit random but 'bare' with me haha...

Just had a bath and boyo came and sat on the loo to chat to me. I told him about when I was little i would share a bath with my two brothers and my dad or mum- he cannot believe this and finds it 'icky'.... but I have some great memories of playing in the bath with my family!!

My immediate family have always been very open about bodies and nakedness- I still come across my dad crossing the landing in the buff (at his house not mine!!) and it doesn't bother me in the slightest whereas boyo said he would be embarrassed to come across his dad in his birthday suit! When I hit puberty I (naturally?) became very self conscience but have always been ok being nuddy in front of my ma. I also don't find communal chaning rooms a problem.

Sooo, I am just curious if anyone wants to share any naked habbits??! Am I / my family 'weird'?!

32 replies

Latest activity by SuperDuff, 17 December, 2012 at 21:14
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I definitely used to share a bath with my brothers and I would hazard a guess that it was to save money on hot water.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Ermmm, no. I'm not comfortable naked in front of anyone except my H although I feel really jealous of people who have more confidence than I do likes of in communal changing rooms etc. I have a fit if the curtains in shop changing rooms have a little gap at the side in case anyone can see in lol

I don't think there are any rights or wrongs on this topic, just all about how people feel and I say it's cool!!!

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

When I was little I shared baths with parents/brother, not all the time but occassionally and it was a treat really. This would have stopped before I was 9 or 10 though I guess as I cant remember doing it for too long in one of the houses I lived in. In that same house and probably the one before there wouldnt be a problem with my parents or us as children getting dressed in the same room as each other like on Sunday mornings we'd join my parents in bed. In a way its probably a way of learning the differences between a mans body and a womans when youre that little. I did have this conversation with my OH a while back, probably a year back saying that, and he never did it with his parents. I found it a bit weird too.

I cant say I've seen my parents naked for many many many years. I know dad sleeps in just underwear but whenever he walked around after getting out of bed/shower, he'd always wear a dressing gown - and same with mum, all of us actually.

Since puberty, I've only ever got naked infront of OH or my nanny (but she's a proper old fashioned Nan who uses the 'I've seen it all before' saying when she walks in when your changing). I still find it awkward getting changed with my dog watching me! Mum, I don't mind getting down to underwear but anything more than thats odd!

Shared changing rooms is a bit weird for me - even as a child I hated it at swimming pools and schools! I remember in year 6 (as 10yr olds) we used to get changing in the girls toilets, and we'd all take ages as we'd all take it in turns to change in the cubicle.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

I have no siblings, but I do remember sharing a bath with my Mum and occasionally my Dad.

My parents never closed the bathroom when having a pee. I always have, and I hate communal changing rooms.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

My family was (and still is) the same, that's how I know my Dad has a tattoo "down there" ?

I'm open with my boys about our bodies, just like my parents were with me.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This makes me cringe round the FPIL's! They have a downstairs toilet in earshot of the living room. My whole family, even extended family, always shut and lock the bathroom door. Even the young kids will atleast shut it - but OH's parents dont! They just leave it ajar! You can hear them peeing ? Its sooo noisy and cringy! What is so darn hard with shutting and locking the door!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I remember sharing a bath with my mum but not my dad, though I do remember seeing them both naked. Probably on holidays mostly as we used to either all share a room when I was little and never had air con. It's weird now knowing what your dad's willy looks like! But it never seemed weird at the time.

Since I was grown up obviously we kept the nakedness to a minimum. But then when my mum had lots of ops on her hips and ankle and breast surgery, I helped her go to the toilet and bathe for months on end, so I have seen her naked quite a lot in recent years. If I go to visit I will have a wee with the door open if she is upstairs and talk, which I suppose is quite gross and bad mannered actually. She doesn't seem to mind and will quite happily do the same.

OH and I are very naked and wander around in the nuddy, but I don't like being naked in communal changing rooms.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is my train of thought!

I would like to be the same as/when we are blessed with sproglets.

I thought I would get some good responses from you guys ?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I used to have baths with my brother when we were very small (under 7 i'd say)

I've never bathed with parents though and never been around when dad's been in the buff. My mum thinks that's really strange and wouldn't have "allowed" it so to speak. It was fine for me to go in if she was in the bath/getting ready, or fine for my brother to go in when my dad was in the bath/getting ready but not for me to go in with dad or brother to go in with mum.

If I happened to see dad's bits now, it wouldn't be a huge icky issue, but I definitely have no desire to see it and i'd never consciously put myself in a position where I might see them, if that makes sense?

Parents (nor anyone else, aside from partners) has seen me nudie since I was about 10. Not necessarily because of embarrassment on my part or anything like that, I just don't see the need? It's so easy to keep a towel around you and dress/undress in communal changing rooms for example.

Wherever there is the option to maintain privacy, I will. Again not necessarily because of embarrassment, but because I sort of think just because I can [get my vag/knockers out] doesn't mean I should. If there isn't the option for privacy I doubt i'd be phased but as yet can't think of a time where i've been in that position.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Yeh, shared a bath with bro..don't recall sharing with parents!

I used to pain my brother in mums make up when we were were bathing much to her horror!!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I used to bathe with my brothers and sisters but I think one of the loveliest things that I can remember was when I was pregnant with my eldest, summer of 1990, a very hot year and I was in the bath feeling hot and bloated and my mum came in to wash my back. Sharing that time was probably one of the nicest memories I have of her.

On the flip side my sister told me this story; she'd had an op and mum was looking after her and sharing the same bed. Sis needed to get up for a wee and she said that before she'd switched the light on mum had hopped from her side of the bed and was stood in front of her. She switched the bedside light on and there was my mums furry bits at eye level and as much as I laughed until I cried, I was so glad it wasn't me ?

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

My parents both sleep naked, so I was used to them walking around nude as I grew up. Nakedness was never really an issue. I still see them like that now if I stay with them (if OH is with me they keep themselves hidden) but if they come here, they do bring nightwear!

I also dislike communal changing rooms though - you don't feel judged by your own family, but strangers are another matter!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that is lovely!

You sisters story is hilarious!!

Don't get me wrong I don't go out of my way to be naked in front of people or to 'catch' people naked ?

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Duplicate.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I shared with my brother, probably until I was 8ish.. Never remember sharing with Mom/Dad..

Have never seen Mom in less than undies, and Dad in less than shorts, and have no desire to change that now.

Our LO will bath with us though, and H is terrible at putting on clothes, so I guess it'll be more "normal" for us.

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

Pretty sure I shared baths with sisters when younger but don't recall with parents.

Don't mind nothing on top in a communal changing room but not bottom half. When I used to go to the gym I would take clean knickers into the shower cubicle with me then dry my bottom half & put them on before coming out.

Mum is terrible at walking about upstairs with bog all on - she has on more than one occasion appeared with not much on in front of OH - I think he was rather embarrassed because I don't reckon MIL does the same.

If I'm on my own in the house I don't both shutting the door when I pop to the loo. Don't shut the cloakroom door at the mo because I need to grab hold of the door frame to get up & down & I can't be bothered to keep opening & shutting the door! I did pull the door too yesterday when OH was in the kitchen opposite the cloakroom!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Neither nakedness nor thriftiness were in short supply when I was growing up. Baths with my brother were normal, and occasional with my Mum. Don't recall bathing with Dad but that was more likely a 'Man work, woman look after children' thing.

As a family of grown ups, none of invite any awkwardness but or do we expend excessive energy avoiding it. It doesn't bother me if either my brother or Dad see me in a bra (and covered bottoms) but maybe bra and knickers might be pushing the levels of comfort on all sides (this is somehow different to a bikini, which I'd happily wear in front of either?). Dad is definitely the most reserved out of all of us. Mum and I don't give a sh*t when together.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we all shared baths. My brother mum and dad. Even with friends when we were really little! I'd do the same with my kids. Nowt wrong with it, you're not aware or concious at that age are you.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am the same as this now with my Dad and brothers- I really don't know why a cossi/bikini is different to bra and knickers- especially my boring granny pants!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, for me, it's the crotchless issue that's the biggest problem.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Understood! hehe

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I used to have a bath with my sister and my Mum when I was little but not my Dad. I wouldn't walk round naked in front of my Dad or brother either. I will get changed in front of my Mum or female friends but I dont like open changing rooms and I would never go topless on holiday or anything.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

No chance! I was *lucky* enough that my sisters were much much older than me so i couldn't bath with them

The step-kids mum baths them together. I find that odd as they are 10 and 7.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't personally find that too odd (maybe the top end of comfort) but I DO think it might be entirely against formal recommendations from social services/child care professionals (who recommend 8 years as a top age for co-bathing, IIRC). Always nice to have ammo.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I used to bath with my sister when we were little, but mum stopped that after a while as I kept trying to splash her/drown her/teach her to swim in the bath (with resultant waves going everywhere). Must have stopped by the time I was 6 or 7, so she'd be 2/3. I only bathed with my Mum as a very small kid as far as I can remember, and I don't remember ever bathing with my Dad.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

indeed.

it wouldn't be so bad but sd is developing quite early. we like to keep them separate.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I have my fingers in my ears going "la la la la" at some of this thread. (Especially ER and he dad's tattoo!)

Obvioulsy from a very repressed background. No naked parents, didn't wander round naked in front of my own children and hate anything communal.

TBH, not that happy naked in front of H but I think that is more to do with fat body issues than anything else.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why 8?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

No idea. That's always the age that my newly-mothered friends have quoted for sharing baths and bedrooms. I suppose it might err on the safe side re:female puberty?

• M
    Marysmsmt ·
    • Hide content

I never bathed with my dad, but definitely did with my older brothers and have loads of brilliant memories! No idea when it stopped though. I have no issues with nakedness, w2b and I are always in the nud and so is my son! I am self conscious but I can handle communal changing rooms etc.

When I was breastfeeding I was sooooo poorly that my poor dad ended up seeing me topless loads of times; more than he'd of liked! He was so uncomfortable at first but never said anything- in fact he was mega supportive and never made me feel bad. Mind you, he was my birth partner too where he got the joys of me being butt naked for the entire time- refusing to have ANYthing on at all!!!

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I will get my boobs out in front of anybody when it comes to tanning, no shame in that but I dont walk about with no top on. I spent many summers at my dads house abroad in various items of clothing from bikinis to actual underwear depending on what I was trying to achieve when it came to tan lines but I do draw the line at having no clothes on at all.

• SuperDuff
    Beginner November 2013
    SuperDuff ·
    • Hide content

My sister and I used to share baths, and I'm pretty sure we used to share with our parents. We were brought up with us wandering to and from the bathroom in the nud, and I don't mind my sister or my mum seeing me like that now (though I can't think of a reason why they would to be honest). As soon as we hit puberty, Dad respected our privacy.

We all wee with the door open, and I'll share toilet cubicles with friends on nights out if needed. I don't much like communal changing areas, but will strip off and dress. I'd never think about going topless on holiday though. I don't know why.

OH won't do the naked thing (or even the boxers thing) in front of anyone but me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics