Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

IshouldCoco
Beginner September 2012

Name Cards, Table Numbers and Seating Plan on a Budget?

IshouldCoco, 16 of August of 2012 at 08:38 Posted on Planning 0 6

How did people manage to do these cheaply?

I bought name cards myself and crystals, but they look crappy Smiley sad

I've 80 guests and need to do it as cheap as poss as wayyy over budget already.

Theme colour is purple/ivory...

Any flashes and suggestions from members or suppliers welcome, thanks in advance!

6 replies

Latest activity by lady_lyla, 18 of August of 2012 at 00:21
    Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

What's your budget?

I would say Vistaprint is brill. I had some business cards done from there ages ago, and posters and they look great. Also, if you sign up and put what you want in your basket, but dont check out for a bit, they tend to send you offers on what you have in your basket, it makes it loads cheaper.

Hope that helps.

x

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I got some fancy placecards off eBay. £4.99 for 500, then I just added a diamante to them, to make them a bit sparkly.

Table numbers, I'm making myself. Literally just a piece of A4 card, folded in half. Am having "The Notebook" themed table names, so have make some picture & quote table names, like this:

As for table plan, again, am making it myself. You can get some decent card from The Range for a couple of quid. Just be creative. Everyone can be creative if they put their mind to it.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I bought long thin cards so I got 3 place cards to 1 card, then cut them down myself, they were easier to use with my printer, setting up the template was a bit of a ball but I got there (used plain paper for this bit!). Cards cost me a £5 for 50! Bought some A4 Ivory pearl card 36p a sheet) to make my table names and cut then in half, I printed on to plain paper and made them slightly smaller then did a front and back (1 piece of card for each table) then put some ribbon on the cards and stuck them togther. Table plan below (sorry if its big) but again used the envelopes from the place cards to put the names on and used the same card as the table names to back it, the boarder is different colour cards although this will be covered with the offcuts of my BM dresses as I can match the colour. Then I will be putting a big sample of wallpeper behind to cover the Ivory card. The ribbon matches the invites and brings all the colour togther, the frame is from Ikea and will not be orange it will be covered with the material again or sprayed silver. It will be neater than this once I have the dress material and can finish it!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I've bought prefolded plain name cards off eBay for £4 which will be handwritten, by my friend who has nicer handwriting than me (!). The table plan is an old frame with the tables written, again in handwriting. I decopaged my table numbers.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Wow! You're all really creative.

I'm feeling abit overwhelmed with less than a month to go. I've sorted the table plan today, so juust name cards and numbers for me to find. Hotel told me they have mini easels or table number holders to choose from, so that's happily one less expense for us!

Thanks for replies ?

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

Im also a DIYer and doing everything myself. I am in the process of making my invites and all the other stationery will match. For placecards its likely I will just buy plain ones as I cant be bothered to faff with the cutting and sticking but the table names and seating plan will be handmade..an example of my invite is below..basically for table names and seating plan, the names get printed onto the ivory, mounted onto black and then mounted onto burgundy card. I have an ivory frame for my plan so I think the card backing will be the burgundy.

Can you do something similar for your table numbers/placecards?

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content

DIYer here to!

These are our place names - done on vista with their business cards for free (these folded ones don't come along often though) - and then we'll just write the names on with a fancy pen

For our table plan and table names we're going for couple from our favourite film... for the table plan we're framing a big piece of black card which will have the film poster picture with the people sat on that table listed underneath, then on the tables we'll have cards which on one sides has the couples name and the other side the film poster (so Bella & Edward, Twilight - Alli & Noah, The Notebook, Clementine & Joel, Eternal Sunshine etc)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics