Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

(Claire)
Beginner July 2011

Nasal Congestion

(Claire), 1 December, 2011 at 13:53 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

Does anyone suffer with this? It is driving me nuts. I constantly sound like I have a cold even though I don't, I cant breath through my nose, and the pressure at the top of my nose is horrible, I have made an appointment with the doctors for next Tuesday but I just wondered if anyone had some experience of this that could suggest any meds I could use. I have tried the Otravine spray but it doesn't seem to work. I do suffer with allergies so it could have something to do with that.

4 replies

Latest activity by Red Baroness, 1 December, 2011 at 14:46
  • *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I would say to try an anti-histamine but also Sudafed - my OH swears by it for a blocked nose.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I go through bouts of it, which I think are triggered by an allergic response. I use Sudafed nasal spray and find it really good - kicks in almost immediately and completely unblocks me for hours.

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

I had this for months and months. Went to the doctors and found I had nasal Polyps (growths) which I had surgery on Smiley smile now i dont sound like a cheap advert for Olbas Oil

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I think could be the problem, my Dad suffered witht them and has had to have repeat ops because they always grow back! Was it a simple procedure? How have they been since?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also swear by Sudafed nasal spray.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics