Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Buzzee
Beginner January 2012

Navy blue and...? Inspiration needed please!

Buzzee, 6 of January of 2011 at 20:48 Posted on Planning 0 18

Evening All!

We're looking at a winter wedding (not Christmas themed though), and am looking at navy blue as the main colour (in terms of bridesmaid dresses anyway). What accent colour can I use - thinking either white or dark red flowers would work well.

I would love to see some flashes of your winter wedding mood boards (be they navy or any other colour) for inspiration on flowers, centrepieces and mens attire specifically! (.....Sherrie?!)

Thanks in advance

H x

18 replies

Latest activity by catann, 21 of March of 2011 at 22:36
  • T
    Beginner
    Taz the Penguin ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a mood board but I was thinking of having dark blue with very pale pink and silver, I like the vintage roses which come in nice dusky pink shades.

• B
    Beginner May 2012
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

We were navy and ivory.....

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

If your going for a winter theme how about navy with an ice blue or silver or both - I also had a friend that went for Navy with Orange.

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going with navy, ivory and silver sparkle (well you gotta have a bit of bling!)

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about a deep Raspberry Pink?

• sazzlebee
    Beginner August 2010
    sazzlebee ·
    • Hide content

I am working on a bride with navy blue, ivory and silver, it looks stunning without being Christmassy... ivory roses tied with blue ribbons, diamonte middles... pearls, lace... cornflowers are beautiful, though the season may be all out for them... calla lillies maybe, snowdrops,

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I like Navy and Fuschia.. I always think Navy needs something bright to 'cheer' it up abit.

• A
    Alice Brown ·
    • Hide content

First of all, congratulations to your wedding! in my opinion, dark white will work well for your bridemaid navyblue dresses, i know one site selling custom-made wedding dresses, all dresses are custom-made according to your special request and detailed sizes, maybe you can have a look! The site is :

http://merbridal.com/

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

This colour scheme is so popular at the moment - here's a few recent ones I've done on this scheme:-

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I have a winter (not Christmas) themed wedding in 3 weeks and my BM dresses are navy blue as well as chair bows and a few other bits. My other colours are ice blue, silver and white.

I was going for a 'cold' look and I think it works lovely.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

We are Navy and red - mainly inspired by my OH who is getting married in uniform.

As yet, we are struggling to fully incorporate the navy element into everything, but our theme is red roses and so the Red is coming through via that.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the ideas! I love the fusia but think it may be too summery. The dark raspberry on the other hand could be a go-er and think it would work well with potential venue colour scheme! I will do some more research! Thanks Girls!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is in October and our colour scheme is Midnight Blue, Ivory and White. I think its simple and classy, but not boring, cos Ivory and white look really good together and the midnight blue lifts it.

I am having white chair covers and table coverings with ivory sashes on the chairs and a navy organza runner on the tables, my dress is ivory and my BM's are midnight, OH is gona be in a blue suit - navy / french blue, white shirt and ivory tie / cravat and my BM's having ivory and white flowers tied with navy ribbons...

OMG im so excited haha x

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

This is us too, it started off with getting the BM dresses which were in Midnight Blue (link here)

http://www.minxeveningwear.co.uk/web-hosting/Prod/Twilight.php

I've now ordered the ivory linen for the chairs and table covers, we're going with the navy chair sashes and navy table runners.

I'm going to have navy feathers in some sort of table centrepiece displays and in my bouquet with crystals and navy ribbon. I'm also thinking along the lines of having chocolate coloured twigs with some sparkly stuff as we are getting married in October so having some autumnal inspiration would be nice.

Its down to the other colour to lift the dark blue, we are already having ivory and some bling (crystals etc) and I'm now liking the lime and raspberry too or even a really vibrant orange. Guess I still need to do more research ?

X

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Im also having a navy themed wedding- but coulnt find any navy dresses i liked- so i got my bridesmaid a raspberry coloured dress and my flowrgirl in a ivory dress.. men will be navy suits- but im stuck om how to coordinate the colours thru the flowers and into the venue..

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Im having navy blue and pink - blue dresses with pink flowers

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I am a big fan of navy with fuchsia pink, lovely combo!

• catann
    Beginner October 2010
    catann ·
    • Hide content

We got married in Oct. I had navy, silver with cream flowers. Red or pink flowers would look really good. Here is some of my wedding to give you an idea.....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics