Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Stb Travis
Beginner December 2024 Lancashire

Need some styling inspiration.

Mrs Stb Travis, 14 of May of 2022 at 19:54 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 10
We've booked to get married at a register office end of October 2022. I've bought this dress and grooms wearing a mid grey three piece suit. Our daughter will be there, who'll be 18mths old and two witness.
I'm 5ft 4 and he's around 5ft 6. I already know the dress needs taking up but I'm struggling to make a decision about a colour scheme. What type/colour shoes. The dress has ribbon around the waist but isn't long enough to tie in a bow at the back and I'm not sure I want it tied at the front. My hair is a little longer than chin length and naturally curly so I'll probably just wear it down, though I'm considering pining it at the sides.
I'd really appreciate some suggestions. Our budget is fairly small and I'll be doing my own makeup. Thank you ladies.Need some styling inspiration. 1

Need some styling inspiration. 2
Need some styling inspiration. 3

10 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Stb Travis, 13 of July of 2022 at 10:52
  • Bethan
    Savvy July 2023 Staffordshire
    Bethan ·
    • Hide content
    Do you or your partner have a favourite colour? My favourite colour is Teal & partners is Orange - I'll let you guess who won that contest 😂 even though I might incorporate a little bit of orange.

Regarding you dress, you can get a cheap sequin band which would look like in the middle & it would 'break' up the dress too!I've found a link of something similar - https://www.amazon.co.uk/SWEETV-Rhinestone-Wedding-Applique-Bridesmaid/dp/B07Y82ZNZL/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=Silver+and+Pearl+Wedding+Belt&qid=1652650508&quartzVehicle=705-1272&replacementKeywords=and+pearl+wedding+belt&sr=8-2
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

For your dress i would definatly get a belt of doamantes/sequins jsut to give it a bit of bling, a seamstress will be able to attach it quite easily for you. For shoes, you want comfy, and maybe not too big a heel, or a really pretty sandal, in white or silver.

This could work as the lace kind of matches yours and your daugheters dress

Women's Leatherette Low Heel Closed Toe Pumps With Stitching Lace (****) - JJ's House (jjshouse.co.uk)

• Mrs Stb Travis
    Mrs Stb Travis ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you for your suggestions. I'm looking at belts, great idea.
    Those shoes are really pretty but I'll probably need a wide fit, so have been looking at wedges as I know these are comfortable.
    Leaning towards sage green with cream/peachy pink.Would welcome some tips on cost effective flowers please x
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheapest way to do flowers is probably to pick up a bunch from a supermarket. I've been to a couple of weddings that have done this - wrap a ribbon round them to match your wedding colours.

• Katy
    Beginner June 2032 Inverclyde
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    Cheapest way to do flowers is probably to pick up a bunch from a supermarket I’ve been to a couple of wedding that have done this wrap a ribbon round them to match your wedding colours
  • Mrs Stb Travis
    Mrs Stb Travis ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you for all your ideas x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    All these ideas are brilliant defo wedges more comfortable could you see if you could get a belt thats got a bit of colour in like your daughters dress x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Need some styling inspiration. 4

Need some styling inspiration. 5

These are pretty x💗

Need some styling inspiration. 6
    Or this one x💗
  • K
    Beginner October 2022 Lancashire
    Keeley ·
    • Hide content
    I'm in similar situation to you,just us and our sons 5 and 3. What are you doing about witnesses I'm looking for ideas to find some! Flowers I've bought dried flowers mainly lavender and blueish flowers off etsy that I can keep without having to find a way or pay someone to preserve them. And am going for sandals with a small heal from vinted to keep costs down.
  • Mrs Stb Travis
    Mrs Stb Travis ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My partners cousin and his partner are our witnesses. As its also his best friend. Shoes I bought new in the end from New Look but I'll wear them again. DQT for ties and waistcoats for the boys as they're reasonably priced and good quality. Only my partner with a buttonhole off Etsy. I'm going to buy flowers from the supermarket and make my own bouquet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics