Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2022 Flintshire

Night before the wedding

RomanticBrownConfetti29600, 28 of April of 2022 at 17:07 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 7
We’re planning on spending the night before apart BUT what time would that normally start? After evening meal? After the evening dog walk? Or just when you go to bed? I’m staying at home and OH is staying in one of our glamping pods we have on site! I know lucky us that we have this luxury. Thanks for your advice

7 replies

Latest activity by Emma, 6 of May of 2022 at 00:02
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think its totally upto you both what you want xx We are spending the night together only because its only us and are kids so not sticking to tradition I think what ever you do will work xx💗
  • Kim
    Dedicated August 2022 West Yorkshire
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    Im staying at my mums with the girls and fh is staying at home with the boys im going around 7 30/8
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Whatever works for you! I'd just say err on agreeing to separate a bit earlier than your ideal time, in case inevitably something comes up, as you don't want to wind up having too late a night before the big day!

• Charlotte
    Dedicated July 2022 Durham
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    My H2B is at his mums house the night before so he's heading "down the road" 40 minutes away, the afternoon before to spend that afternoon with his best man and family. I'm spending the afternoon and night with my brothers fiancée, some well earned pamper time. Xx
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

We're having our rehearsal the night before the wedding at 6.30pm and I think we'll go to our different places for the night after that. Don't think there's a right or wrong thing to do though - whatever fits with your plans.

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone else here, its whatever suits you both the best. I am staying in a hotel the night before with my MOH, which is where we will get ready the next morning and my Fiancé will either stay at his Dad's or at our home. We will probably have an early dinner together first before we separate for the night though.

Perhaps chat through with your other half and then just arrange whatever suits you both best.

• E
    Beginner April 2022 Bedfordshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    My now husband spent the night in a hotel the night before, where some of our guests were staying and didn’t leave till 7pm to meet up for dinner with them, so it’s really whatever works out best for you. Make sure you’ve done everything you need to together, if you’re dropping decorations etc off at the venue the day before amongst others things so you aren’t stressing yourself out. After that it’s whatever suits your schedule best! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics