Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Muesli
Beginner June 2013

Obese Naked Ladies!

Muesli, 20 December, 2012 at 14:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

So on the sun website there is this...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4707120/Photographers-uses-obese-models-for-new-collection.html

being a larger lady myself i was worried about doing one of those FYEO shoots for hubby2b... think i will just strip off now these ladies make me look small! lol!

Would you ever do this??

Me and hubby2b can't seem to get over the first lady's bum...( the one sat down?) looks really strange!

12 replies

Latest activity by Missus S, 21 December, 2012 at 10:18
  • tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

The one with her boob flopped over the bannister is totally not sexy. The others will obviously have their appeal and are very similar to the style of a few artists, although I can't name any ?. Apart from the fact that it is extremely unhealthy to be that obese, it is great to see women like this being used as art rather than to be mocked or to try and make people want to be skeletons.

• Muesli
    Beginner June 2013
    Muesli ·
    • Hide content

Indeed very unhealthy think it was like 30 stone to 43.. but yes the lady with the boob over the railing..! I can't believe how brave they are.. i don't even like getting naked in front of OH! never mind in front of a photographer and naked!! Eeek! Hats off to them!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I think I get it(so to speak) but part of me feels that glamourising/promoting people at an excessively unhealthy weight- be it over or under is still not good.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Big can be beautiful. Obese can be beautiful too. But obese is never healthy. In times where people complain about cigarette advertising, sunbed tans and the use of size zero models, I find this bizarre. Is it art? Probably. Is it to be glamourised? Never.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

None of them look happy or comfortable though. I absolutely agree it shouldn't be glamourised at all, it's not nice to look at the same way a severely anorexic model wouldn't be.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Has anybody else noticed the smiley face on the last woman?! Her boobs are the eyes, belly button is her nose, and the creases under her belly is the smile!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

What Footlong and Pinky said. I find it disgusting to look at, same is I find anorexic models disgusting to look at. (And when I say that I don't mean that the women themselves are disgusting, but it's disgusting that such an unhealthy look is being glamourised). This so called "fat acceptance" movement is just the pro-ana movement in reverse.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

well put Mrs Peanut.

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

I didn't mean my comment to sound pro-obesity, if that's what you're talking about. Naked big bottomed and overweight women in art is old news, and this is just revampimg it into the photography age, but should in no way be seen as a promotional poster for maccy d's.

I'm not in the "fat acceptance" camp and I don't fully understand how people can be so far to either extreme and willingly cause so much damage to their body. Glamourising any unhealthy habit/behaviour is wrong, but in a culture where a lot of people act like being skinny is the be all and end all, women like these are mocked and ridiculed, while their opposites are idolised and adored.

It's not a healthy lifestyle and glamourising it is wrong, but I really don't see that that was the intention of the study. I doubt many people will look at these and decide that's how they want to be, but, as well as being an interesting and more unique artistic study of the naked female form, it may well serve a purpose in adding some balance to people's ideas of beautiful.

ETA paragraphs

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AGREE!!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I think it being beautiful or ugly is irrelevant. Everyone's idea of beauty differs. What disturbs me is that these women are clearly very unhealthy yet they're being glamorised. If these were anorexic women I imagine alot more people would have something to say. Either one is dangerous

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics