Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nicnol
Beginner October 2011

October brides - when are you sending your invites out?

nicnol, 5 April, 2011 at 16:28 Posted on Planning 0 20

I was planning on sending them out towards the end of May/beginning of June. with an rsvp date of 1st August incase we get some no's and then i can bump some people. MIL2B though thinks I should be sending them out the end of this month so people can book their hotel rooms etc. I haven't made them all yet so thinking of sending his side of family out then keeping to my original plan of sending them out end of May when I've made the rest!!!What do you think?

20 replies

Latest activity by IDoWeddings, 6 April, 2011 at 12:12
  • M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Hi there Nicnol,

I'm a 29th October 2011 bride. My invites are still in planning at the moment. Keep making changes with the designer.

I'm hoping to get mine in the post by May the latest. I'm not too worried as I sent save the dates with my Crimbo cards.

Also the mum's have booked hotel rooms for family / close friends already.

Hope this helps a little.

• vintageangel
    Beginner October 2011
    vintageangel ·
    • Hide content

I'm 28th October and am making our invites i have given myself until the end of the month to get them finished and sent out, I am doing it earlier as its a Friday wedding people need to book the day off work etc x

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

1st of october and my invites are already out! I know its was too soon for most but 50% of my guests will be traveling a long way (western isles of scotland) and im in northumberland and i know they will be inccouring a lot of expense to make it so i wanted to give them plenty of notice, also my cousin is getting married in july and they will all be attending that too.

I have not put out my evening invites tho.

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsB2B2011 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to send mine beginning of July so 3 months before. Also only just doing save the dates as it's 6 months away and don't think loads of people will be on hols in Oct.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We are 29th of October too, , , we have sent 'Save the Day' to our all day guests but that's it so far.

We are planning on sending the rest of the STD cards next month, then the proper invites will be sent at the end of August.

xx

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married on the 8th October. We were thinking of sending our invites out at the end of July with an RSVP for beginning of September. Alot of people are travelling a long way but the people who we desperately want their know the date. This might change when we find out when our suppliers want final numbers x

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content

Another 29th October bride here!

We thought sending them three months before (end of July) with an RSVP date of 1st September would give us time to chase RSVPs and tell the venue numbers for catering. All guests have had a 'save the date' card so know the date and know the venue. Some have contacted us to ask about arrangements for staying there already, so those who have asked have been told the details of how to book.

I am not worried about others booking at the hotel as the hotel have held the amount of rooms aside that we would need should everyone stay so I can happily send them out only a few months before knowing that anyone who would then wish to book would be able to.

Also we are having a fairly small wedding of 50-60 where all guests are people we see a lot of and keep in regular touch with and all know they will be 'all day' guests too so it depends on the situation I think.

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

I'm 29 October too!! ?.

I was planning on sending them out in the middle/end of July but it seems others seem to be sending them out earlier than that. Received my sample today from the designer ... love it!

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to say, we sent our Save the Dae cards with Xmas cards. Partly to save on postage, but also because our date (29th Oct) is at the end of half term and quite a few people are teachers and would maybe take a holiday in this week so needed to give them plenty of notice.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

We're 1st October and are sending ours end May / Beginning June...We've aksed for RSVP's by 1st July cos we need to give our numbers for canapes / drinks at end of July so it gives me a month to do the inevitable chasing!

• kiiradee
    Beginner November 2011
    kiiradee ·
    • Hide content

Im 10th november and mine are already out Smiley smile lol.

• lizzie1982
    Beginner October 2011
    lizzie1982 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also 29th October!...seems to be a popular date! We sent save the dates with Christmas cards and are planning on sending invites at the end of July with an RSVP date of 31st August. Our hotel have blocked out a lot of rooms for the wedding party so don't think people will have a problem Smiley smile

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I'm loving the fact that there's so many other Brides with the same date as me, , , , , , , 29th October, , , ,

Plus it's my birthday?

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

We'll be sending ours out over the Easter weekend, RSVP date end of June so we can fill places before sending out evening invites with RSVP date for August.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

We're the 1st October and our invites have already gone out. We're getting married 90 miles away from where we live, so people may need to arrange time off work and will need to book accommodation etc so the sooner they have the invites, the sooner they can make their plans.

Also, by sending the invites out early if we get loads of declines, we can put our 'reserve list' into action without us being pushed for time.

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

I'm another 8th October Bride. We're sending ours out in June with RSVP of stsrt of August. We need final dining figures for the venue by the start of September.

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

Already gone out. A lot of people I know go away that time of year and I wanted to make sure they were aware of our wedding and it then gives them a chance to sort their holidays around our date (if they were definately coming).

We sent ours out last week (wedding is 8th October) and had quite a few 'yes' replies back in with their food choices. No one has said its to soon to be sending them out, plus I wanted to know so I can sort out the table plan and make sure the hotel has enough rooms for our guests to book should they wish to.

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Cheers all.

So I've just realised that it's the start of half term week the date we get married (22nd October) but we only have 4 school age kids coming to the day and that's OH family.

We also sent STD's out with Xmas cards so no excuse not knowing the date!!!

Ok I think I'll work on getting all my day invites made this weekend/next weekend and then arrange to get them sent out by end of May!

I've had one query when wedding date was from my cousin who doesn't know yet that she is an evening guest!!

• L
    Beginner
    LJO ·
    • Hide content

Wow you guys panic me lol

I'm getting married on 7th October 2011 and wasn't going to send out until June/July! I have sent out save the dates already though!

• IDoWeddings
    IDoWeddings ·
    • Hide content

I collected our invitations last night and they will go out at the end of next week hopefully. I would send them just three months before as its summer and people will be arranging holidays. We havent sent out Save the date cards as the important people already know when we are getting married as we talk to them so why waste money on another bit of stationary.

Our date is 15th Oct 2011

I have given a while for the RSVPs but we need to know numbers and get travel arrangements sorted for some people. I dont want to be fussing around chasing and organising numbers two or three months before. It also means we can rearrange if we get people who cant make it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics