Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LeeLee :)
Beginner

October honeymoon, destinations anyone?

LeeLee :), 3 of January of 2011 at 14:35 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10

Hi, I'm getting married in October and me and my fiance are doing research into a honeymoon destination thats still warm/hot at that time of year and not too pricey. Something like the Maldives or America would be lovely but we would like maybe all inclusive and think its going to cost thousands each. The other choice we've been looking at is Cape Verde as it will be hot in October and they do all inclusive with a relatively reasonable price ?

Has anyone got any other ideas for a honeymoon destination in October which isn't going to cost the earth and is still hot enough to use the outdoor swimming pool?

Many thanks ?

LeeLee

10 replies

Latest activity by Sarah Jenson, 1 of March of 2011 at 13:55
  • LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

Hey, ok well now we are thinking of Mexico, has anyone been there and would you recommend it?

Thankee ?

• A
    annstar ·
    • Hide content

I've never been but would love to go. Where abouts in mexico are you thinking?

Beginner
    • Hide content

We're thinking of around Cancun, the Caribbean Coastline ? If you find any deals, please share hehe ?

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content

We get married in september and was thinking of going on our honeymoon in october, we thought of mexico and maybe las vegas as las vegas shold still be warm and mexicos coming out of the hurricane season but cpae verdes meant to be nice and unspoilt and i bet itll be romantic. I'm a travel agent so know cape verdes usually cheap and maldives can be one of the expensive places

• X
    Beginner September 2011
    xx-Autumn-xx ·
    • Hide content

Hi, We're going on honeymoon October 1st and we've just booked Mexico, AI in Cancun, it's not exactly a bargain, but the reviews all seem very good and anyone I've spoken to who has been to Mexico has said it is fabulous. The only thing I am a little nervous of is the risk of hurricanes, it's right at the end of the season for them apparantly, that is one of the reasons we chose Mexico instead of one of the caribbean islands, we were told the risk would be a bit lower there xxx

Beginner
    • Hide content

Heya, we booked our Honeymoon to Mexico and staying at the Excellence Cancun Hotel, more than we wanted to spend but for us its a once in a lifetime experience ?

Great food, amenities, location, rooms etc, had to be done really haha and we fly out on Tuesday 11th October ? Not too keen on the 11 hour (approx) flight, ah well.

• L
    luffy320 ·
    • Hide content

The best place for a luxurious honeymoon would be in Europe. There's no better place than Europe.
    Here are 5 good places:
    Santorini, Greece
    With picture-perfect beaches, majestic volcanoes, and an abundance of wine, Santorini is the ideal place for a romantic getaway. The small villages and beach towns offer privacy, but with enough nightlife to ensure boredom won’t be a problem. Many of the resorts are located on cliffs that provide spectacular sunset views, and the black and red volcanic rocks offer a unique setting.

Madrid, Spain
    If you’re looking for a place to dance the night away, few cities have a nightlife that compares to Madrid. For a true “party all night” experience, book a hotel in the district of Chueca, which is well known for its wide selection of discos, clubs, and bars.

Venice, Italy
    With its winding canals, singing gondoliers, and rustic palaces, Venice is a great city for a romantic vacation. The church bells, cobblestone streets, and abundance of intimate cafes and restaurants provide the perfect honeymoon ambiance.

Zurich, Switzerland
    Built along the banks of the River Limmat and surrounded by breathtaking mountains, Zurich has something to offer every traveler. Tour the many museums and cathedrals, or visit the beautiful Botanical Garden of Zurich for a more peaceful escape. Zurich has a good club scene, from techno to jazz, but they do tend to close rather early.

Paris, France
    As the premier honeymoon destination in Europe, Paris deserves its reputation as the romance capital of the world. From gorgeous parks and gardens with cozy benches, to street after street lined with little sidewalk cafes, Paris offers plenty of places for newlyweds to cozy up with each other. From restaurants to museums to shopping, Paris has it all, and there’s hardly an image more romantic than the Eiffel Tower lit up at night.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

We're going on honeymoon in Oct and are going to Vegas for 4 nights then Mexico for 11!! CANT WAIT!!

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats what I want to do for my honeymoon too....but not getting married till next year so have to wait till prices come out!!! Smiley sad

How much has it cost you if you dont mind me asking......just so can get a figure in mind of how much it will be xx

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Its costing in total £4300 ish - but thats top range hotels - The Venetian and then Secrets Maroma Beach in Mexico - we got prices for other hotels and to stay in the Cosmopolitan in Vegas (New Vegas) and then a different resort in Mexico was somehting like 3900? But OH booked ours as a surprise and he said he spent 2 hours in the travel agents trying to get a better price - came down from 4700 to 4300 so it defo works! x

• S
    Beginner August 2008
    Sarah Jenson ·
    • Hide content

October is actually a really great time to go on honeymoon, with lots of places going in season. Smiley smile My personal favorite choice would be the Seychelles - I went on my own honeymoon and it holds a special place in my heart! If anyone is still looking, Turquoise Holidays break down honeymoons in October on the honeymoon section of their site.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics