Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate7695
Dedicated May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire

Old, New Borrowed, Blue... ideas anyone?

Kate7695, 16 of July of 2021 at 09:12 Posted on Planning 0 13
Okay, so I know there are discussions for.rhis already, but I feel like the suggestions are not right for me. Can you please read below and feedback any new ideas please? Thank you lovelies! X

Blue:At first I thought of having blue ribbons around my and my bridesmaids bouquets, but our colour scheme is berry tones. Having blue in there to me would just look odd! Then I thought, blue shoes. Under my dress no-one will really see them, but again, if they did flash, would it be weird?
Old:My mam really wants me to use her veil that she wore on her wedding day. Would this count?
Borrowed:I haven't got a clue.
NewSmiley surprisekay so for New, I was thinking of my dress. However I technically bought this 2 years ago (everything delayed because of Covid), so is it still new?
Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

13 replies

Latest activity by Caitlin, 20 of July of 2021 at 18:03
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    My friend is lending me her garter which has a blue bow on it so that’s my borrowed and blue , my bridesmaids bought me some earrings so that’s my new otherwise it would have been my dress. The old is me 🤣🤣🤣
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    New is my dress and shoes
    Old is my mums garter which is also blue so that’s that one covered too.
    Borrowed is my sisters veil and underskirt.

I have seen people either sew something blue into their dress or have the wedding date/ grooms name/ etc embroidered on blue into the dress too. My sister had my grandad’s hanky which was blue sewn into the skirts of her dress (he had passed and it was one of her items he had left her)
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    Your Mum’s veil totally counts as old and borrowed (if you give it back!). And as far as I’m concerned, a dress you haven’t worn yet is new so that works too. Garters appear a popular blue choice!

I’m planning on wearing a watch I inherited from my Grandma (old) and hopefully borrowing some jewellery or something from my Mum. New dress/shoes and then no idea... but got almost a year to find something blue (or a friend who can lend me a blue garter!).
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

Old: my pearl necklace, I’ve had it at least 10 years

New: my dress and my shoes count for this

Borrowed: my sisters veil, which has pearls on it so will tie in with my necklace

Blue: the shoelaces on my shoes are blue ribbons (gone down the converse/trainer route for comfort!)

I haven’t got blue in our colour scheme anywhere, but I know that my dress will cover it. As my dress is ivory, it won’t clash with the colours we do have. Would that make it work for you?

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think its upto you im not doing all of that just 5 people at my wedding good luck x
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Old: bracelet - the first piece of jewellery my now husband got me
    New: Pearl drop earrings (from hubby) and necklace (from mum)
    Borrowed: watch from my mumBlue:the earrings are Tiffany Silver sixpence in shoe 💕
    Xx
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Smiley smile I'm liking the idea of blue shoes, as I know my dress will cover them. I aren't going for converse during pur ceremony but I could always switch up my shoes for the evening party and add blue ribbons. Love this idea, thank you! X
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh thank you! I'm glad you agree that the dress counts as new. It's not exactly something I can wear for any other occasion lol. So the veil ca count as both borrowed and old? 😀 Sadly I don't have any friends who are married (yet), so there isn't much I can borrow/use.
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Have you seen the crystal jewels you can get to put on the bottom of the shoes? I did this for my sisters wedding and got them in blue saying I Do and put one one the bottom of each of her shoes looked really nice!
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've seen the stickers but I haven't seen blue ones, I will look for these! Thank you Smiley smile
  • B
    Savvy October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Bella ·
    • Hide content
    Old, borrowed & blue all covered by my mums sapphire earrings. New is my dress, veil & shoes.
  • Hayley
    Dedicated August 2024 East Sussex
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    For blue I've got a necklace and I think using your mums vail would be great in a way it's not new because it's been sitting there
  • C
    Beginner July 2022 Norfolk
    Caitlin ·
    • Hide content
    New - my dress and shoes because it is the first time you’d properly wear it
    Old - I have a little key ring that was my Grandpas for our family football team which I am going to wrap around my bouquet
    Borrowed - not sure of this one yet, my mum hasn’t got anything lendable from her wedding so I am struggling with this oneBlue - I have asked for a pop of blue in my bouquet as I am having wildflowers as our theme

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics