Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

OM's - did you go braless on the big day?

Mellow_Yellow, 24 April, 2012 at 21:28 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 37

I have an internal corset and am considering it.

If not, why not, and recommend me a fabulous strapless bra!

37 replies

Latest activity by BlossomJ, 25 April, 2012 at 17:07
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Dear Lord no! People would have thought MrMini was marrying a boy!

I didn't have a strapless dress so wore a normal bra- all my friends that have had the strapless type dresses didn't need one as they were corseted in.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Yes and don't regret it for a second.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I went braless and I have big mammories.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This, also.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I did, I would have been mega uncomfortable in a bra I think. I had an internal corset too.

My dress was strapless though and I used tit tape in the evening. I really wish I'd remembered to use it in the day too. The tape didn't hold my boobs up exactly, just held the dress to my boobs so there was less cleavage on show. I got it from La Senza and it was fantastic, really strong but came off easily at night and didn't hurt (was worried it'd feel like ripping off a plaster! but was fine).

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

No, although I probably could have done. It just didn't feel right without. I had a nice set from Debenhams (I think they were CK but I'm not totally sure), but I will admit that when I took the bra off I had blisters round the sides of my chest from where my dress had been rubbing it.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'd disagree with this depending on the dress - I'm an F and I was absolutely fine. I had a straight cut, quite high strapless dress.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I was going to wear a corset but it was too much with the dress so ended up wearning a straples bra

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

No, but the dress shop did take my strapless bra off me at the secoind to last fitting so they could sew it into my dress for me, so as it didn't ride up. I wore an M&S one that I loved so much Ive bought it 4 more in all available colours. I'm wearing one now! (They have detatchable straps!)

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I had cups sewn into my dress. A bra was not an option as it would have shown through the sheer back of my dress. No bra was not an option as my dress didn't have any corsetting or boning and I *am* 35!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Yes and I'm fairly chesty. If you have the right support in your dress you will be fine

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I tried one with my dress but as it has a corset it was uncomfortable and you could see it at the sides. I don't want to be fiddling all day hiding it so am going braless. I am only a D cup though with implants so they stand up anyway.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I am a G cup and my dress had a sweetheart neck line. My boobs didnt hang out so JoJo i disagree with you. So there!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Who me?

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, and it was the most comfortable option as I had an internal corset. Was great until the evening when I popped out (I'm an e) during some drunken energetic dancing - but I think that would have happened even if I was wearing a strapless bra

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the comments so far. In relation to the questions asked, I'm a 32D, have a straight neckline on my dress which is quite high, and the internal corset fastens with lots of little clips like a basque does, as opposed to being lace up.

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Not much use to you but I didn't wear one because my bodice was a steel boned corset - there wouldn't have been room in there for a bra as well (there was barely room for me and my dinner, mum had to let out my laces a bit before the evening do!?) I think it depends how comfy you'd be going without - in the absence of of some serious scaffolding there's no way I'd consider going without but that's down to my own hang ups about how my boobs sit. I think most people my size (38C, probably a 38D at the time of the wedding) would consider it.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Yes - my dress was pretty well structured and I had cups sewn in for comfort. If you go down this route make sure you move lots at your fittings to ensure they're in the right place. Jump around, sit down, stand up, give your chums a hug - all sorts to mimic the movements of the day.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I wear a 34E bra, however, in strapless i am a 32dd - I wore strapless bra simple because i didnt want to run the risk of my boobies either falling out, or drooping as the day went on. The bra i bought was from Leia but i cant remeber the make. It was amazing. I could put it on and jump around and nothing would move, and it was beautiful too.

I probably didnt need one, but I felt better in it. Oh and H loved it too ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

My dress didn't have a built in corset so I couldn't really go bra-less. I bought the strapless Wonderbra (the one with the 'hands' inside the cup) and it was brilliant, if slightly terrifying! Not the most comfortable piece of underwear I've ever worn, but it didn't budge all day and my boobs looked pretty good.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I even sleep in a a bra - there would be no chance I'd be getting married without one!

Sod tape, I'd need a tube of No More Nails to keep a strapless dress up!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HOW!??! i can only do this when too drunk to care!!

I have reasonable boobles and shall be wearing a bra even tho i am corsetted!! i shudder to think of the consequences otherwise!!!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Yes I did. A good dress should hold and shape you anyway. I am lucky as I have a B/C cup and pass the pencil test.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

me too!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A non wired soft sports bra thing, kind of like a crop top, it's comfy!!!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And me too - mahoosive mammories !

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Well, my dress was fitted to me so there wasn't a whole load of space spare. When I leant forward, it didn't gape. The cups added shape, I think. I didn't fall out of the bottom of them, if that's what you mean? Smiley smile

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had an internal corset and wore the wonderbra ultimate (best strapless bra ever).

• *Carole*
    Beginner August 2007
    *Carole* ·
    • Hide content

I did but had little foam cups to help give me some shape.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Probs no help as I only have little boobs but I don't think I'll be wearing a bra with my dress as it has an internal corset... I do like the idea of being able to have beautiful matching underwear for H2B to see when I take my dress of though ?

I take my bra off at any opportunity though as I find them really uncomfortable and as I am small chested they don't really need supporting ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics