Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Oreo Cupcakes!

Flowmojo, 17 June, 2011 at 10:04 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

Mr F has been harping on for a few days about making Oreo Cupcakes (he saw them somewhere i swear) and ive been searching for recipies, but they are all done in american measurements, bloody annoying! 'a stick of butter'...how bigs a stick!?!? 'a cup of flour'........a mug? a tea cup? a expresso cup?!!??!

Anyone find, or know of, a recipie in blummin ENGLISH that can be used?!

ps - the recipies have oreos IN the cake mixture, not just the frosting!!

for who ever find me a recipie il send you a box of these bad boys ?

17 replies

Latest activity by stripeyrache, 19 June, 2011 at 22:52
  • Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Flo, I made some vanilla Oreo cupcakes for a friend. We had them at our wedding and she raved about them so I tried to make them myself. Basically I used the Hummingbird vanilla recipe, added chopped up Oreos and put half an Oreo biscuit at the bottom. Frosting, I used vanilla frosting and added bashed up Oreo biscuit crumbs. Decorated with mini Oreos.

So put a blob of cake mix at the bottom of the muffin case, then add half the Oreo biscuit then top up with more mix.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Cups are coooking cups-you can buy them from loads of places [think good old poundland had some even] I use them all the time as opposed to weighing stuff. One syick of butter is 8 tablespoons.

Can I have a cupcake now?

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Can't you use an American recipe and a conversion site for the measurements?

Quick google showed up this one: https://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking_butter.htm but I'm sure there are others.

Or you could just use Spangles' recipe cos they look drooltastic!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ahh the BIBLE of baking books!! thanks for the tip Bri, il give it a whirl this weekend...and as you made them so fabulously yourself, i shall not be sending you a box of them as a reward!

thanking you!!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I got metal cooking cups from Tesco for about £2. I still think you'll be best just using an existing chocolate or vanilla recipe and them customising it.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

der i knw this, but i have 2 sets, that seem to be different sizes ?

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

No worries! You know where I am if you need anything!

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Mmmm, no recipe to share but they look amazing!!!

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

OMG I cant not believe I have gone 29 years without having these in my life. They are two of my favourite things

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Apparently you can get dry measuring cups and liquid measuring cups, which are slightly different sizes.

One stick of butter is 1/2 cup, but 1/2 cup is the equivalent in weight of 4 oz.

I do have a British oreo cupcake recipe at home - I'll have a look at lunchtime.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Nabs!! similar to what Spanglepants advised but with visuals, yummers!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

I reckon i would make it with a chocolate cake mix tho mmmmmmm and then use spangles icing it looks yummy

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mr F suggested this!!! oooooo our daddys are going to be spoilt on Sunday if these bad boys work out Smiley smile

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Ok - i see you've already had some recipes, but I did promise, so better late than never!

250g plain flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

125g unsalted butter, room temp

200g sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

180ml single cream

115g coarsly crushed Oreos

For the white chocolate cream cheese frosting

180g good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces

180g cream cheese, softened, cut into pieces

185g unsalted butter, room temp

mini oreos for decoration

1. Preheat overn to 180 degrees

2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside

3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and single cream and beat until batter is smooth. Fold in crushed cookies.

4. Spoon batter into cupcake paper, filling cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 mins or until a tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.

5. To make the frosting: in a large bowl over simmering water melt white chocolate until smooth and creamy, just a few minutes. It should be just warm to the touch.

6. Beat the creem cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate and beat again until smooth. Use the frosting immediately or it will harden. Press in a small cookie or sprinkle with crushed cookies at once, while frosting is still soft. This frosting looks like the cream filling in Oreos.

I haven't tried the recipe, but anything with Oreos in it has to be good in my book.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks !!! i tried a recipie i found (in uk measurements!!0 and used spangles suggestion of frosting.....they taste AMAZING but the batter was a weird one, it didnt rise as muhc as a normal cupcake recipie!!!!!!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I read this thread earlier and just had to go and buy a packet of Oreos. I can't believe I got off my ar$e, but sometimes it's just important ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics