Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shleby
Beginner September 2010

Orlistat

Shleby, 13 of June of 2009 at 20:18 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7

I started taking these tablets after my doctor prescribed them. I was just wnodering if anyone else has had them or is taking them. I have heard some horror storues about them regardin oily fat coming out but ive not experienced this.

7 replies

Latest activity by Melancholie, 25 of June of 2009 at 21:39
  • muffins
    Beginner August 2003
    muffins ·
    • Hide content

I have been on them for about 10 weeks I think, and I have had no side effects, I even asked my doctor as I thought they may not be working? I am eating a low fat diet and the only day i had oily poo (TMI!!) was after a meal at my parents, which looked healthy but clearly was not!! but it was totally managable and only because I have become more aware of what to notice did I spot it!!?

I believe they are working as my clothes are certainly looser but I dont weigh myself as I have been obsessed in the past and wanted to avoid the scales watching as when i do not loose weight I get very disheartened!!

• Shleby
    Beginner September 2010
    Shleby ·
    • Hide content

Glad to hear they are working for you. Im hoping i get the right results also.

• japonica candlewick
    Beginner July 2002
    japonica candlewick ·
    • Hide content

My friend has been on them for a month and lost 10lbs in teh first month. She had one incident of leakage and she thinks it was steak that did it. She has now decided to stop using them as she thinks they are making her feel ill.

• sweetersong
    Beginner January 2006
    sweetersong ·
    • Hide content

I am not on them, but people have had different experiences with them

I think, the claim is, if you are eating a low fat diet, then for every 2 lbs you would normally loose, you would loose 1 lbs more, however, if you decide you wanta treat, and something has more fat in it than the pills would like, the side effects are a bit messy.

I couldn't take them, as I like the flexibility of weight watchers, which means, if I want a chow mein, I can have it, as long as I am good the rest of the week, and still loose weight, and with the tablets it would give me nasty side effects if I ate my chow mein, lol

Have you tried any weight loss plans (ie counting calories/weight watchers/slimming world?) I didn't think I would ever loose weight, but from october 1st 2008 till date I have lost nearly 4 stone on weight watchers (17 stone 12.5 lbs to 14 stone 0.5 lbs currently) and my BMI has gone from 41 to 32 so far

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had them on prescription too. I did experience oily fat, but not until I'd been on them for about two weeks. We had to have our sofa professionally cleaned. ? I had to stop taking them as I couldn't risk it happening in the classroom. Personally also now believe that there are much better and healthier ways to lose weight and woudn't recommend this, or any, weight loss drug to anyone. Much better to modify your diet and exercise. You're also more likely to keep it off this way. I lost 6 stones 2lbs by following Slimming World and going to the gym.

• R-A
    Beginner July 2008
    R-A ·
    • Hide content

<crash> Mel, I knew you'd lost quite a bit of weight, but not that much, wow ?

Do you have any before and after pics?

• Allice
    Beginner August 2007
    Allice ·
    • Hide content

I'm taking Alli which is the over the counter version and is half strength of Olistat. I have dieted sucessfully in the past but have put on some weight lately and have really struggled to start dieting again and I feel that the tablets have given me the kick up the bum that I need. I am following Weight watchers as I normally do but am terrified to cheat in anyway as I don't want any side effects. I used to save a fair few points and have treats in the evening, sometimes as many as 7 or 8 and the tablets have cured me of that which is a good thing. Good luck.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry R-A, only just seen this. I haven't got any photos of me at my heaviest (I didn't let people take photos!) but have got some from about 4 stones ago. Here you go:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics