Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Koshka
Beginner July 2002

Orlistat

Koshka, 22 of May of 2008 at 20:24 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 15

Been to my GP and he has perscribed me orlistat to help with my weight problems.

I can't exercise much due to a back problem. So my weight has increased.

My neurologist said I needed to drastically/dramatically loose weight so my GP put me on this.

Just wondering if anyone else has been on it.

I know about the nasty oily side effects <which I'm not looking forward to>

15 replies

Latest activity by Catherine, 14 of August of 2020 at 13:06
  • Bellabop
    Beginner June 2004
    Bellabop ·
    • Hide content

My friend was on them, but she's got the willpower of a gnat and they didn't work for her as she wasn't willing to work with them. Glad you know about the side effects - trust me, going into the loo after her was not pleasant!!!

Good luck with your weight loss .x.x.x.x.

• kmw
    kmw ·
    • Hide content

I'd say make sure you use the support network that comes with the tablets, there is a phone number you ring and they send you extra things to help you along. Also something I learnt late on, Orlistat doesn't differenciate between 'good' and 'bad' oils so even poached/steamed salmon had nast effects as did other oily fish and any amount of cheese was awful.

Good luck x

• Koshka
    Beginner July 2002
    Koshka ·
    • Hide content

Ooo thanks for the tip of the phone number.

I don't eat much cheese or fish.

What about ss milk? Can I still have that in my cups of tea?

I am due to start the pills today and if I tell the truth, I am scared stiff of them.

• kmw
    kmw ·
    • Hide content

I was the same if I am honest, I didn't do too bad on them until I discovered I couldn't eat certain things that I thought would be fine. I am sure I swopped to skimmed milk.

In the end I went to WW because I do eat a good diet, home cooked meals not loads of take aways and ready meals, I just needed help with portion sizes and not snaking throughout the day.

I just found this on google.

Hope that it can help. ( when you ring orlistat they will ask for the ref number on your packet of pills.)

• vicbic
    Beginner September 2003
    vicbic ·
    • Hide content

My doctor prescribed me this when I was worried that my weight loss was ridiculously slow, but I never picked up the prescription as I didn't realise what they were until I got home!

Whilst I do have the willpower, I just couldn't see myself sticking to the non-fat foods, and I couldn't bear to be out of control of my bowels (from what others have told me!)

Give it a go. Although I think a lot of the good stuff you get from the pills is just you being really good to avoid the horrible side effects.

Good Luck Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner December 2009
    amee ·
    • Hide content

I was recently given a prescription for this and like yourself was scared stiff off it upon reading the side effects. I decided against it. The thought of loosing control of my bowels was just too much to bear.

I have gone onto Lipotrim instead. This is my first week and since Monday I have dropped 10lbs. Its not easy for first few days but the only nasty lingering side effect is slightly bad breath which you can combat with mint spray.

Not sure if its any help. If you want to chat about the Lipotrim I'm happy to discuss my experiences with it althought you would have to go to either your GP or pharmacist to see if you can take it.

• loopyloo33
    Beginner April 2006
    loopyloo33 ·
    • Hide content

I will be totally honest and say they were the worst things I have ever taken. The loss of control of my bowels was awful so I only took them for 3 months and I couldn't go on any longer.

Obviously this is just my experience and you maybe totally different and I do hope they give you the results you require.

Please don't underestimate when you need to go to the toilet - it comes on very suddenly and you will need to go there and then.

Good luck with them.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

My doctor put me on them and it was awful.

WARNING - THIS MAY BE TMI FOR SOME PEOPLE!

After just three days oil started leaking from my bum. It was horrible. It wasn't just when I needed the toilet. I didn't know when it might happen. It happened at work once (I'm a teacher) and I've never been so embarrassed. I stopped taking them straight away.

I'd advise anyone AGAINST taking these horrible things.

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    steph2325 ·
    • Hide content

Hia

im taking them at the moment and i have found tghem to be ok. i did at first have a few 'problems' but i found they settled quickly as long as i dint eat fatty foods. 1 thing too remember is that they do stay in your system- i learnt this the hard way!!! didnt take them 1 day because i was going out for an indian and the a drink, presuming (stupiadly) that i would be ok because oi hadnt taken them with that meal- wrong!!

but other than that 1 experience i finf them very helpfull xxx

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    Amylena ·
    • Hide content

Funny how this is the first thread I came to upon joining the forum!!

The following is all probably a bit too much information:

I was prescribed them nearly 2 years ago, and I know that when I go back to the GP they're going to recommend them again but honestly, it was awful. I lived off cottage cheese and cracker breads because they seemed to be about the only thing that didn't make me leak oil! I mean, great if you want to be skinny and miserable! I was losing about 4/5lbs a week on them, which at the time I thought, wow, wonderful, but really, I had to throw away so many pairs of knickers and bleach the toilet daily, it was grim.

Alli that they sell in Boots is half the dose of the key ingredient (Xenical) so I'm not sure if they'd work out any less embarassing!

At the end of the day, give them a try, they might work out for you. Good luck!

• J
    joehanney ·
    • Hide content

To be honest, from what you have read on this forum hasn't put you off them already then i dont know what will.

do you really think a pill/medication can help you lose weight, well anyone in particular? if it did, wouldn't half the population be taking this same pill!

just stick the basics -

- reduce carbohydrates (bread, pasta, potatoes etc), replace with vegetables

- eat food that is organic, not processed.

-eat smaller portion more often

-eat protein at every eating opportunity

- drink water - 1 litre for every 50lbs of body weight

- supplement on a multivitamin and fish oil

do this for 7 days and you will see a huge difference!

• E
    Emma4141 ·
    • Hide content

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Orlistat) - onlinecheappills.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
    P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k

• H
    Beginner January 1999
    HappyGoldCars414 ·
    • Hide content

I was on Orlistat 120mg and was able to reduce 15 lbs with in one month. But you have to strictly follow the diet and exercise daily.

• H
    Beginner January 2021
    HappyPinkFlowers13049 ·
    • Hide content

There is no clear-cut amount of weight that can be lost when taking Xenical. Remember, in order for Xenical to work optimally you must restrict your fat intake and increase exercise. If you are committed to your weight loss program there is essentially no limit as to how much weight you can loose. Nonetheless, weight loss should be gradual and always be done safely. While it is important that you decrease you fat intake it is equally as important that you eat healthy and insure you obtain all essential nutrients each and every day. Find more tips on this website. Keep in mind that even a small amount of weight loss can reward you with a big gain in your health. A loss of 5 to 10% of your current weight can result in a significant reduction of risk for disease. Discover more information on https://onlineapotheek.co/product/orlistat-xenical/.

• zaraahmad
    Curious August 2021
    zaraahmad ·
    • Hide content

Should I use Orlis without workout?

• Catherine
    Beginner August 2021 Staffordshire
    Catherine ·
    • Hide content
    I honestly Don’t know what Orlistst is. But have u heard of Juice plus. I would like to share with you, if you are interested pm me... This is any amazing lifestyle change.. Makes you feel so much healthier... Two shakes, which are meal replacements and two healthy snacks, and a healthy meal, I usually take a booster before my evening meal, which is an appetite suppressant and reduces your calorie intake by 25%. I love it and it really works an teaches you all about clean living. Best bit for me is your never on your own as full mentor support with recipies, tips, motivation and lots of chatter. PM me if interested xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics