Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Overeating

19 of February of 2013 at 22:30

Posted on Off Topic Posts 37

Hi, my name is Jo and I'm an overeater. A horrible, horrible FAT overeater. If it wasn't for the fact I have a bad throat this evening, I'd be eating loads despite the fact I have had three square meals today plus lots of extras. I've got everything I need to lose weight - fitness videos, games, a...

Hi, my name is Jo and I'm an overeater. A horrible, horrible FAT overeater. If it wasn't for the fact I have a bad throat this evening, I'd be eating loads despite the fact I have had three square meals today plus lots of extras.

I've got everything I need to lose weight - fitness videos, games, a dog to take on long walks, a Weight Watchers membership, a fridge full of healthy foods, money for healthy food via online deliveries, all the time in the world for exercise and all the housework jobs in the world to keep my hands busy.

But still I just stuff my face with more and more and once I'm on it, I just can't stop. Sandwich after sandwich....whatever I eat I have to buy more of so that H doesn't notice its all gone.

Anyone ever properly broken this awful cycle?

I feel so, so low because of it. Today at Granny's we were going through old photos and ever since the age of 13 I've been so, so fat. Huge great rolls of it hanging out of my clothes. I also found photos from my first wedding and I look about six months pregnant.

Please help me stop this.

37 replies

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Just to pick up on this bit Jo - the rest of the post sounds like you're making some progress. Once again, you are NOT disgusting, though you are right that anything particularly fatty can set off gallstone attacks. However, the need for surgery is not just down to fat; sometimes the stones just get too big or get stuck in the wrong place and surgery is needed to prevent further complications.

It's a very quick and safe operation, quite often done as a day case, or at most an overnight stay. If the pains are getting more frequent and/or severe, then do think about it as an option. I can try to help if you have any questions.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I haven't read through all the replies yet, but after 2 pages I really have to say that I just want to give you a hug, both you and OB, and tell you that I'm completely with you.

If there is something sweet in the house I will eat ALL of it. I tried to limit myself by buying weight watchers small cake slices, but I ended up eating the whole box instead of just one. And of course the worst part is how guilty and horrible you feel afterwards.

As for secret eating, I've done it before. Luckily, Ant isn't so disapproving, and if anything he's worse than I am, so i don't feel the need to secretly eat sweets. I have bought 2 dairy milk bars when I've gotten petrol and kept them in the car to eat and not told him because I've been embarrassed, but that's all me and nothing to do with how he would react. It's more my feelings of disgust. JoJo, I'm sure he wouldn't be disgusted with you if you confessed, especially if he's doing the same thing. I honestly don't know how to break the cycle, though I have been doing well on weight watchers for 6 weeks, I'm dreading the point where I will break down and devour everything in sight.

The other night I broke down and got out the spoon to eat lotus spread straight from the jar. I ate 2 spoonfuls and I knew I could easily finish the whole half jar that was there, and it would have been abotu 35 points. I stopped at 2 spoonfuls, pointed 6 points on my tracker and then had a tall glass fo squash. With me, I think I've discovered that EVERYTHING is moreish. If I have a little bite of something, I will just keep going until it's all gone. So far drinking a glass of squash midway has helped to stop before it gets too bad.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And this, I used this technique for stopping smoking (cravings are similar?) plan in WHEN you can have a treat and then it's not so bad as denying yourself a treat. Buy lovely things that are low in fat and then you know how many you can have a day to stop the guilt. Denying yourself something is probably the worst thing about kicking a habit, weaning yourself off may work.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I doubt you'd put me off, but I can see your point about other people! Emergency C-sections can be really scary experiences, so I completely understand why that would put you off surgery. However, having an elective (planned) keyhole operation is really a very different ball game, usually a much calmer atmosphere both in the waiting area and in threatre, more choice over when you get it done, much smaller scars and obviously no small baby to try to deal with alongside recovering from an operation!

It sounds like you've got things reasonably under control at the moment, but don't be afraid to get help again if things get worse. I know when my dad had gallstones, most of the time he could prevent the attacks by eating sensibly, but as time went on, he started to get them more randomly. He had the op about 15 years ago now. Fingers crossed it's not needed for you though!

• V
    Beginner June 2026 Virginia
    Virginia ·
    • Hide content

So how are u now?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics