Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

essex_charlene
Beginner September 2012

Panic about evening invites confusion

essex_charlene, 26 August, 2012 at 16:19 Posted on Planning 0 9

Is anyone else worried they have printed/given evening guests the day guests invites? I wasn't worried at all (I thought I was very on the ball) until I heard the one of OH friends (evening guest) had asked one of ur ushers (obviously day guest) for a lift to the wedding!!!! This was yesterday and I have been freaking out ever since worrying I had given him the wrong invite. So I text him saying in a subtle way - "looking forward to seeing you at the wedding next week - the evening reception starts at 7.30 but come anytime from 7 - we'll all be in the bar" to which he replied that he was looking forward to it and will see us there. I think he must of assumed he was invited to day and never actually looked at his invite properly (men eh!) and since my text has realised he is an evening guest. (which i am mortified at!)

Anyway since then I have been worrying non stop that people have the wrong invites etc. On the evening invites we included a special information card with the message 'Evening Guests - Due to restricted numbers we are not able to invite all of our family and friends to be with us all day but if you would like to join us for our ceremony we would love for you to be there with us when we say our vows' and then included the church address. So therefore I'm thinking no confusion?? But all I keep thinking about and worrying is that I have made a mistake somewhere!!!! Please say I am not the only one! LOL

XXX

9 replies

Latest activity by oggers86, 28 August, 2012 at 18:00
  • R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

I actually sent a day guest an evening invite, luckily it was my uncle so he realised and I just had a extra day invite left over!

• essex_charlene
    Beginner September 2012
    essex_charlene ·
    • Hide content

I hand made all the invites and printed off the inserts from my old computer. I am pretty sure I haven't made a mistake but I have been totally calm and laid back up until now and all of a sudden I am a nervous wreck today lol x

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

It gets better! I also forgot to put RSVP dates on all my invites, forgot to take out the bit about people arriving at the house in time to be transported down to the church off the eveevening invites and sent my grandads to my cousin and my cousins to my grandad as they r both mr Mayes!!

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

We have decided to stopme from panicking about this that we will send out / hand deliver any day invites a few days before we do the evening invites so that i wont get so muddled but i reckon i will still panic

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

We have this issue. Because we attached the same directions and RSVPs to both the day and the evening I was panicking that I may have sent out the wrong one to someone and not noticed.

I don't think I have but actually issues have now arisen from people not reading them properly. We sent an evening invitation to one guest and he is still thinking he is invited to the day. My friend came back to me and said asked had I invited him to the day because she had got the impression he thought that we had, I said no - definitely evening. So she subtley said to him at the weekend 'are you sure you're invited to the day?' and he said, 'well yeah i think so, I got the invitation with all the pages of info attached'!! But she's told him to double check! It says 'an evening reception' and the time says from 7.30pm but he obviously hasn't read that bit!

I hope no one else has done the same... I was thinking they'll surely realise nearer to the time when they come to check times etc, but what if they just ask someone else instead of checking?? Could be awkward!

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

When I got engaged I never knew that there where so many things that could go wrong!! I shall be making my marriage work no matter what just so I dont ever have to go through this again ?!!

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha ha! ?

• Y
    Beginner November 2012
    yorkshirecat1981 ·
    • Hide content

We're having the same issues as our invites didn't say anything on the front and as we are having a church service everyone is invited to the actual wedding, so the invites either say "to the marriage of ..... at 1pm at .... and afterwards at..." or "to the marriage of ..... at 1pm at ....and for the evening reception from 7:30pm at .....". I thought that was clear (and i copied it from suggested wording on the internet too!) but lots of people are now checking with us what they are invited to! ARGH!!!! At least they are checking though, it is more of a concern that some people aren't checking!!

xxx

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

We've had an evening RSVP email from a guy titled "Wedding Day". "We'd be delighted to join you for X and X's wedding day" etc. How do I check that he knows it's definitely the evening? He definitely got an evening invite 100% but he's travelling a distance and don't want him to misunderstand.

It's obviously clear enough because most people with evening invites have sent back evening acceptances but it still makes you worry.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

Can people really not read?? I really cant be bothered to go through this when I send out my invites..

All of my invites have a very similar layout, the evening invites wont have a gift list inserts, the invite itself says "invite you to their evening reception following their marriage"

The RSVP's say "can/cannot attend your evening reception"

If people get that mixed up..?

Maybe we should write "you are invited to their evening reception, yes, evening. You are not at all invited to their wedding day so unless you expect not to have a seat or food DO NOT turn up until the evening at 7.30..."

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics