Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2022 Surrey

Parents attire, losing my mind!

Tish, 3 of August of 2022 at 17:48 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Hi all,
So my plan was to have groom, best man, usher and my brother (who’s walking me down the aisle) to have same suits with matching tie, pocket square and buttonhole.
Will be giving a buttonhole to both mums instead of corsages.With regards to father of the groom and both or stepfathers, I was going to get them all a tie matching the groomsmen as well as a buttonhole… does this sound right?Whenever I mention it to people they look at me weirdly and it’s making me question it 😩

6 replies

Latest activity by Wow!up, 20 of August of 2022 at 14:14
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    You can do what you want! Ignore other peoples’ ideas! We only had the groom and my dad ( no best man or groomsmen) and they wore exactly the same suit, tie and pocket square. Groom had a slightly different buttonhole. Worked for us.
  • P
    Beginner April 2022 South Yorkshire
    Pam ·
    • Hide content
    Sounds lovely and a nice way to make everyone feel included.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds fine to me. There are no 'rules'. As long as you and the other people are happy, that's all that matters.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Whos wedding is it you do what you want i think this is fine x💗
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

As others have said, you can do whatever you like!

If it helps to know, this is my plan:

Both the mums and FH's sister get corsages with flowers to match mine and the bridesmaids. Both dad's have button holes like the ushers, groomsmen and best man.

My brother is an usher, and we've tasked him and my other usher with choosing their own tie as long as it's in the Team Bride colour as they both want something jazzy haha. I've asked them to get a third one for my dad too. Dad can wear whatever he likes but will then have the tie and button hole to signal him as FOB.

My mum had the idea to wear a sage green dress, because we're going for sea blues for the bridesmaids - that way she's tonal and complimentary, but not looking like she's trying to be a bridesmaid (her words!). She'll then have the corsage and I'm also planning on gifting my bridesmaids a necklace or bracelet and getting her one too.

• Jessica
    Beginner October 2023 Greater Manchester
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    My FH is having royal blue tie and pocket square and the ribbon on his buttonhole will match the tie, bestman usher and pageboy in same suits as groom but with a silver grey tie pocket square and ribbon on buttonhole, just so like me the groom is subtly different and distinctive from the other bridal party, don't want anyone thinking the bestman is the groom lol 😀 to make things easier at church my plan is to have two sets of buttonholes one with silver ribbon for male guests and white ribbon for female, trying to simplify things for the males left unattended lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics