Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2020

Partner changed suit colour and doesn’t match!

ExpensiveYellowStationery42390, 14 of February of 2022 at 01:07 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5
Hoping someone can give me some ideas on how to make this work.

Same sex couple and we decided to honour that by having a pride themed wedding. So lots of rainbow accents, flowers etc. with an ivory background to let the bright colours stand out.
It was booked for 2020 and my bridesmaids are wearing ivory same as me. My partner chose a light grey suit for her and her wedding party and all coordinated perfectly.
Then covid happened and the wedding was cancelled. 2 years later it’s finally happening but the suits no longer fit as the junior members have obviously grown. She went to buy new suits with 4 months to go and has fallen in love with a navy suit.
It’s beautiful and she loves it but it doesn’t match the theme at all. It’s too dark to allow the rainbow accents to take centre stage and there is a light blue in the pride rainbow which clashes with the navy blue.
The best woman also has a grey dress to match my partners original suit. This will need changing now but she was wearing the same dress as the bridesmaids except theirs are ivory and hers is grey. Now we won’t get the same dress in time so she will end up in a completely different dress.
I’m not going to tell her she can’t wear it as it’s her wedding too but how do I now save this? Will it look as bad as I’m thinking?
I’ve added photos of our theme and what we’ve already got vs the suit.
Partner changed suit colour and doesn’t match! 1Partner changed suit colour and doesn’t match! 2
Partner changed suit colour and doesn’t match! 3

5 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 15 of February of 2022 at 21:57
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it clashes. It looks like there’s already navy blue / indigo in a few of the items you’ve posted at the top (wine glasses, cake, invites) so I don’t think it will be an issue. The bright colours will stand out almost as much against the dark blue as they do against your ivory outfits. I don’t see your partner’s best woman wearing a different dress as anything to worry either - different role, different outfit. I’m sure it will look great!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think it goes well no clashing all the colours blend in well xx good luck in making your decision x💗
  • E
    Beginner May 2020
    ExpensiveYellowStationery42390 ·
    • Hide content
    I’m glad you think it doesn’t clash.

The issue with the new dress isn’t that she won’t match but that we’ve already bought a £270 dress in grey. But it will have to go be done.
    Thanks
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    If the dress is going to waste anyway you could try dyeing it? If it works, you’ve saved yourself from having to buy another dress. If it doesn’t, that was money that was already gone. Might be worth considering
  • Michelle
    Beginner July 2022 West Yorkshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Could you not dye the grey dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics