Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2013

Paul Welby photography - any reviews or opinions wanted *link included*

Bee26, 26 February, 2012 at 13:36 Posted on Planning 0 25

Just met this guy at a wedding fare and he's offering a Great deal. His work looks good (to my amateur eyes) but not the best I've seen however due to budget I'm considering booking him. Here's the link to his site www.2pic1.co.uk any opinions would be appreciated ! Thanks

25 replies

Latest activity by greenleaf, 27 February, 2012 at 10:31
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Looks ok, but not a huge amount of photos to judge.

What's the deal?

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Oh isn't there, I hadn't been on the site yet

Its 499 for ceremony to first dance with a 10x10 30 page designer album and free DVD of edited images (that was the wedding fair offer thrown in)

What do u think? He was offering a full days coverage with a out 6 different sized albums for 1000 do u think it's too good to be true?

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

If u cant get some sort of busines card or signed agreement that whatever he said on the day he will honour, for a time persiod, then tht ensures the deal. thats what we did. okc photography offer some amazing deals too Smiley smile

http://www.okcphotographyweddings.co.uk/

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm seems you are doing a bit of advertising there as every one of your 3 posts mentions okc photography!

• Hide content
    View quoted message

It's cheap...with an album too cheap really. The day rate for my assistant on her own is that much without an album and I charge twice as much for image supply only.

I'd ask to see complete albums of his work, as in the photos he took not just the one's they want you to see. Then you can be the judge. Quality, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it's good enough for you then it's good enough Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Well they r our photographers, and the only supplier booked up to yet apart from venue lol. plus i do also have another thrad started with regards to wedding cars. if people arent sure, i always point em in okc's direction (and the fact that i only joined today and not have a great deal of posts unda ma mbelt yet does increase the percentage of the number of times that company is mentioned esesh withthin threads about photography.

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Just tryin to help. wat is it with ppl thinkin this place is full of trolls and advertisers? cos that is not what i intended my posts to be the center of.

• Hide content

Mrs-R2b, advertisers have and follow a certain form when posting on here.

They sign up, find threads relating to their profession, post several times about themselves with too much detail to just be a recommendation. Almost never do people give so much detail before they've actually received the end product.

Even when seasoned members are asked for recommendations they usually only say their name, not go to the trouble of web links. Certainly not 3 posts in the space of a couple of hours, for a service yet received.

Then, once spotted and questioned they try to throw in another unrelated thread as a distraction but by then it's too late.

I've seen it some 20+ times on here already. Who knows if you are a bride or a supplier. Only time will tell. Whichever it makes the photographer look bad because anyone searching their name in google will be directed to the posts on here and the subsequent responses from forum members.

Going forward, probably best not to mention them at all until you've a much higher post count. Welcome to the forum.

• nicolagrimshawmitchell
    nicolagrimshawmitchell ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bee, I think he looks ok and IS very inexpensive. For the price he's charging, he is a LOT better than most ive seen around the same price. Pro's - nice clean images, sharp and in focus, fairly good composition, nice group shots, good in low light (prob got some very good lenses). Cons - not many but he's a bit un-imaginative, most shots look very staged. Could be great for you if thats what you want? Have you met him - did you like him?

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Nichola I agree the shots did all seem quite staged and not as 'arty' as others I've seen. We did meet and like him but if he had been as costly ad other togs whos work I like I would t have even considered it - I guess there's my answer. Think the time has come to decide of cost or quality is more inportant. Loads of people have regrets about compromising on togs so think I may give it a miss - thank u to you and Chris u kinda gave me the answers I was looking for me as its not really good enough for me. I met a tog last week who's work I love and compared to her work it just doesn't match up.

Mts Roth - what chris said! I apoologise if I'm wrong but posting 3 things about your tog while mentioning absolutely nothing else about your wedding seems a bit fishy to me

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

C/G

So just because I can reel off information about our chosen supplier makes me work for them??

Personally I would think that ANY bride or groom that didnt know nearly everything about any of their suppliers for their big day were lacking somewhat. My partner and I spend weeks going over each supplier in detail so we know what we are getting, all the ins and outs to ensure that we have the most perfect, smooth running day we can.

So if I wana mention ANY of our suppliers, I dam well will. You want me bang on about our venue? cos I dont mind. The rings too I dont mind. or is it because we havent used your company that youre playin silly beggers??

• Hide content

Hey, I never accused you of anything but you're exasperated that you received the response you did.

I explained why that was, if it's not me telling you it'll be someone else probably in a much stronger way.

As I said, time and post history will tell. Being rude, abbrasive and inflammatory to someone trying to help never makes a new member look good.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for being so blunt Smiley smile after looking at them next to the ones from other toga I'm speaking to I can see that they don't compare. I was definitely being sucked in by the price!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely correct and many do play fair...that said, there is one tog supplier who has racked up a few hundred posts without being "outed"....well they were once although they simply registerd under a different user name, although the posts content remained exactly the same even down to the word structure of each paragraph.....and their recommended tog url.?

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I wasn't bein sarcastic, I hoped you'd get that from the smiley face lol! Yes recommendations would be great please, I'm in the south London/surrey area. Thanks!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

If she/he turns out to be a genuine hitched member then not only will I eat my hat, but I will eat my whole blo ody wardrobe!!!

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Old bear - fair play there are many people that are trolls etc but surely its betta to pm sum1? or is that just me? And i will treat people how it comes across to me.

oh and pinky, post a few pics cos im more genuine than ul eva b.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't even get what that's meant to mean.

Your doing a fab job of representing your TOG by the way, I'm just gutted I have already booked mine..

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

In laymans terms it means that I am a normal person not some idiot trying to promote my own business. And unlike some, I havent mentioned which package we have booked, or how much it cost, just directed people to the site. If people want good photographers in the N/W then I am much more than happy to suggest our supplier because they have been amazing with us up to yet.

One tip I have picked up with helped us to choose them was that we were told, by a different photographer who was a stuck up lil nit, was that you need to be able to trust and get on with your photographers and videographers purely because they will be constantly throughout the day asking you for different shots with different people.

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content

@Bee26

I'd consider removing his name from the title, as any time someone searches for him on google, this thread will come up, and eventually it will come up before his own actual site, which isn't really fair on him imo...

Also looks like some Hitchers have used him before, but not many images posted unfortunately.

https://www.hitched.co.uk/real-weddings/claire-mark_45/

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

It seems to me that he is "old school trained" his shots do look a little posed but when you used film you didnt have much of a choice to ensure high quality images, alot of photographers who start in the digital age do not tend to think about composition as much in terms of hand and feet positions and most group shots are in a word terrible.

You have to go with your preference and i would say he looks to be a bit more focused on traditional photographs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics