Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Beginner August 2021 Surrey

Phone or no phone

Jessica, 25 of July of 2021 at 02:41 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 9
Hey brides,

I just wanted to ask, what are people doing with their phone on the day?
I know there is going to be a photographer, a hashtag so I can see everyone else’s photos as well as a photobooth, but I do love a cheeky selfie or Instagram story.
Should I for one day just put the phone away?

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrsa2021, 16 of August of 2021 at 18:44
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    I would not have your phone if I were you, its easy to spend too much time on it without realising, I think I'll ask my mum to keep hold of my phone for they day or keep it in my hotel room.
  • R
    Savvy May 2022
    RomanticBlueHair33815 ·
    • Hide content
    We've just had this conversation tonight. I think I will give mine to my mum or something. But H2B wants his just incase he wants to take a selfie with his best man. I mean, his best man could do that on his phone but whatever 🤣🤣 he's said he will hardly use it. I'm leaving it at that for now because we are still some months away, he might change his mind but I'm not going to force him to do something he doesn't want. Difficult one.
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I’m taking mine but I probably won’t even get it out. I’ve got a little clutch bag which I’ll put it in. I’ve got my baby at the wedding so the clutch bag will live under the buggy.

On my hen I had my phone but hardly got it out my bag, only when I was back in my room going to bed. I was so busy I didn’t even have a chance.
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    I'm not taking mine (everyone I want to talk to is already there!). If you want to take a selfie other people will have theirs and they can just send the picture to you and not having it means you can be 100% present.
  • L
    Beginner August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Libby ·
    • Hide content
    I’m planning to mainly put my phone away, but will probably get it out for a few selfies or photos with friends later in the evening
  • Shannon
    Dedicated August 2022 Vale Of Glamorgan
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content

Im planning on giving my phone to my mum and then getting it in time for the reception so we can take some pictures of our own through the night, myself and H2B are also planning on not going on any form of social media till the day after our wedding so our phones will strictly be for pictures/selfies at the reception x

• John
    Beginner July 2022 East Central London
    John ·
    • Hide content

We plan on going phoneless until the reception. We'll have plenty of photos from the ceremony and there's no need to be distracted when group & selfies can be taken later.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think sometimes the best photos are when you take them on your phone x good luck in your decision x💗
  • Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    I had mine with me, we got married in Cornwall with just immediate family, super chilled day and only had the photographer for 4 hours so when we went into our afternoon tea, they left. I’m glad I had my phone as I got some good snaps of people there and selfies of us. We then spent the evening on the beach so again, glad I got some lovely photos.
    My best friends weren’t there so I was also sending them snaps throughout the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics