Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2014

Photographer has cancelled... Advice needed

gill03, 3 of February of 2014 at 17:58

Posted on Planning 34

Hi everyone, I have enjoyed reading posts on the forum over the year but a little shy. Myself and my partner are getting married on the 19th if April 2014 and have found out tonight that our Photographer has cancelled our pre photo shoot and wedding day photography! To say I was a little shocked is...

Hi everyone,

I have enjoyed reading posts on the forum over the year but a little shy. Myself and my partner are getting married on the 19th if April 2014 and have found out tonight that our Photographer has cancelled our pre photo shoot and wedding day photography! To say I was a little shocked is a understatement! He emailed (not telephoned) to say that he can no longer be available on the day but has arranged another photographer in replacement of him. I have already paid a deposit for the original photographer, he has said the services he was going to provide will remain the same with the new photographer he has suggested. We have spent a considerable amount of time choosing a photographer as my other half is a keen photographer, only to be told that we can have someone we have never heard of and who's work we have never seen. Has anyone experienced this before? Are we entitled to some of our deposit back? This is not stated in the contract so don't really know where we stand.

Appreciate any help

Thanks

34 replies

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Do check your contract closely...just in case there is a line about your photographer not being available and sourcing another to cover.......Morally you should get your deposit back although legally, it might be different......

Glad that you have a good alternative lined up though......

I would also like to know WHY he couldn't get back in time....Where was he coming from?

Peter

• CsabaGrosz
    CsabaGrosz ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gill. I just read through your post, and it is a big shame that it has happened. At the end of the story I would name and shame that photographer. Doesn't matter what is the reason to cancel (could be real reason), he still need to tell you and return the deposit if he is not avaliable to attend.

I and others are not working so hard to let a few of us down people and give a horrific feedback about the industry. So much thank you, to asking us, to show you, there is another end as well!

I am sure your photographs and wedding will be amazing!

Chuck

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Glad it is all sorted. It sounds like it has worked out for the best if the photographer who cancelled has such poor customer service and communication skills!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics