Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JoJo&Lee
Beginner July 2022 East Sussex

Pick your photographer very carefully x

JoJo&Lee, 6 of September of 2022 at 10:07 Posted on Planning 0 5
Feel duped by the photographer

So we got our wedding photos sent to us in a link last night. Its taken 52 days to provide them. The contract said 3-6 weeks for editing. We paid £1200 for 2 photographers for the day to cover getting ready, the ceremony, the reception and some shots after dark at the reception too (our reception was the gardens of our village pub)

Snapper 1 was with me - he turned up in ripped jeans and a T-shirt and the first thing he said was he couldn’t stay late cos he had to go visit someone in hospital. Then he said he was gonna leave and go home to change as he was hot and in the end I had to loan him a pair of my husbands shorts (which he hasnt returned) just to keep him there! He took loads of photos of the dogs and some of us getting ready.
Snapper 2 went to my husband at his hotel. He took a couple of nice photos . He had slept in his car the night before and his body odour was overwhelming- to the point my guests were recoiling when he got close.
They both attended the service, they have supplied 2 group photos of which neither has everyone looking forward, in fact a lot of people are facing the back of bending down. Ie he has snapped when they were not ready.
There is 1 photo of my husband with his mum. And no other photos of his family save for 2 candid ones of people smoking / vaping ??? They are awful.
The reception is hardly documented at all, no photos of our incredible food , the brilliant hosts and the spectacular barbecue that was set up . 1 photo of part of the cake display. Just 1. One photo of the first dance and the other of my hubby standing on my dress.
I reminded Snapper 1 - who my contract is with that he had promised to stay until it got dark to capture the garden lit up - he said he was “gonna eat and leave” and he would ask Snapper 2 - who he had sun-contracted if he wouldn’t mind staying. The contract says if he has to leave or can’t attend he will find a replacement.
Snapper 2 didn’t want to stay as he had planned to do some wild photography that night nearby at the cliffs and sleep in his car again so he needed to go find a space before anyone else got there before him.
We were initially offered photos on a USB stick I asked for them in a cloud so I could share the link - I was told that’s expensive! snapper 2 agreed to let us use his one file shared drive and says he will delete them all in 5 weeks so get em while you can !!!
Snapper 1 got very argumentative with me when I chased the photos a couple of weeks ago. He sent us 6 and they were so good - but basically he’s sent is the only 6 that are good. The rest are all poor. Some horrific, some pointless, out of focus, badly staged, irrelevant.
I reverted back to their social media and websites last night in my despair - how did we get this so wrong? His website / socials shows beautiful photos brilliantly edited.
My friend suggested a reverse search of the images and we discover that he has used a selection of stock images to promote himself as a rising star and brilliant wedding photographer with a team of photographers!!
We are devastated. My unofficial photos are better. Ladies and gents please please please do your research and then do some more before committing. I’m usually so diligent and cannot believe I’ve been had over like this.
We had to pay all monies up front and we now get the impression he lives day to day financially / ie we paid a £575 deposit, saw him a couple weeks later and he said he’d had a new tattoo just done and it cost him £575 ! then complained he was broke and needed to get some more bookings in. As such we aren’t hopeful of any kind of refund.

5 replies

Latest activity by Manuel, 17 of January of 2024 at 17:00
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately there seem to be quite a few posts about disappointing photographers in the last few days - I suppose it has been peak wedding season. I don’t know what to suggest but maybe Bill, the resident photographer on here will have some advice on how to proceed regarding contracts and refunds. Such a shame for you and try and focus on the good ones and your guests photos and maybe make an album yourself on one of the online photo sites to make you feel better. Recommend Photobox or Snapfish for self printing.
  • JoJo&Lee
    Beginner July 2022 East Sussex
    JoJo&Lee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Yorkshirelass - Bill has been helpful already. Your suggestion is great. We have some amazing ones from friends
    X
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Yes this is a tricky one for me to comment further as this sounds like its heading to a small claims court.

I would advise anyone looking at someone calling themselves a photographer to do a reverse google image search and check on a few images. And to ask to see whole weddings and then you can compare against their "hero images" in their website.

JoJo&Lee if you have any guest taken photos that could look better with some photoshop then let me know and I will be happy to work on a few for you at no cost.

• Eric
    Thessaloniki
    Eric ·
    • Hide content

Simply amazing

• M
    Ontario
    Manuel ·
    • Hide content

So cool and so awesome tell!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles