Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
VIP July 2024 Cheshire

Picking a new dress

Michelle, 8 of October of 2021 at 12:53 Posted on Planning 0 9
What does everyone think about bringing my fiancee to help me choose my new dress x He is my best friend am my partner for life and dont speak to my best friends or my family anymore so want some help from other brides my dress recently got ruined would cost to much to fix so now on the hunt for a new one x

9 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 13 of October of 2021 at 09:35
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you are comfortable with it then go with it, but check he would really be happy to see you before, If I lived closer I would totally come and be in your squad X

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi i mentioned it to him he wasnt so sure but he his my best friend as well as fiance just a shame i dont speak to my friends an family any more thankyou for the offer x 💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How is the planning going with you have you had any more problems with family dropping out x💗
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Planning is good, everything is organised and booked so just waiting! We are lucky as my family are close so no drop outs on my side, but H2B, aunties and uncles not coming and no reason why, so I was sad for him and struggle to understand people that behave like that, is just rude. I hope you get an awesome dress and you both love it! Smiley heart

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou just hope when i go i dont change my mind x good luck with your wedding x💗
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    If you are both happy with dress shopping together, then why not? It’s only antiquated tradition that says otherwise - and it’s not like plenty of other old traditions haven’t been dropped (ie does anyone promise to “obey” their husband anymore?!)…
    Single biggest thing I’ve learned since starting to plan a wedding is that it is your day - you are the ones getting married so you get to make the decisions! x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks good point dont do tradition anyway hope your planning is going well x💗
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would have LOVED to have picked my dress with my then-fiance because his was the only opinion I cared about and I wanted to make sure he liked the dress! (But he's super traditional and was horrified at the idea of seeing it before the wedding day Smiley laugh ) So if you're both happy with the idea, then go for it.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks but after 19 years our plan has been to get married on our own but family and friends arent happy about this so i dont even speak to tjem now so need a companion x💗 that is my fiancee x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics