Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LottaVictualia
Savvy

Pippa Middleton style wedding dresses

LottaVictualia, 4 May, 2011 at 18:10 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hello everyone,

I really liked the simplicity as well as the shape of her dress and would like something similar for my own wedding. Has anyone seen anything similar around? I particularly liked the cap sleeves and the neckline.

Muchos ta.

16 replies

Latest activity by Mrs P 2 B, 30 May, 2011 at 11:26
  • L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

Not seen anything with capped sleeves, but this one is similar neckline at the front?

It was actually one of my top three dresses, hadn't looked at it since I chose my dress (didn't go for this one in the end) but seeing it again has just made me swoon a little! Really is a stunning dress...

Its Sable by Victoria Jane.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Agreed it was a lovely dress. If only I had a Pippa Middleton style arse to go in it....

• LottaVictualia
    Savvy
    LottaVictualia ·
    • Hide content

Wow this is lovely. Thank you. I'm actually not sure whether I can pull a dress like this off as I have hips. Will have to try this style.

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS

• MrsPenguin
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsPenguin ·
    • Hide content

If I could have got down to London I would have gone for this

You can change bits ie the sleeves etc. I love it! (It's nothing like the dress I actually went for)

from www.thevintageweddingdresscompany.com the 1940's style - I love it with the lace sleeves

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    ames2uk ·
    • Hide content

That is utterly gorgeous. I just looked on the website and there are some stunning gowns. Just out of interest, do you know the price range of these dresses?

I'm hoping I should be able to start dress shopping next month - can't wait!

• LottaVictualia
    Savvy
    LottaVictualia ·
    • Hide content

I just found this. It doesn't have the scoop neck, but it's gorgeous. It's by Nicole Miller, an American designer.

• MrsPenguin
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsPenguin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know - almost all of them give me dress wobbles, and i've just seen the lace ones too.

I haven't a clue about price range, I've never seen one in real life or hitched life. The fact that you can only buy from their shop in London makes me think that they will be pricey and way above my budget - possibly Caroline Castigliano prices (although - not sure of here prices either)

Sos - not much help.

Enjoy and relish every minute of your dress shopping - it's ace!

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    ames2uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Although i'm looking forward to dress shopping, in a way i'm dreading it - from looking online I really can't get an idea of what I want, they all seem to be variations on a same theme (silly thing to say I know!) the prob is i don't know what i want and i also don't know what i don't want!

• MrsPenguin
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsPenguin ·
    • Hide content

I had no idae either. I have to say the 1st shop I went (and evetually bough the dress from) were brilliant - and so used to that.

She made me look first, pick 3 or 4 i liked, all the time she was studying me (not in a creepy way - I guess to get an idea for what she thought would suit). I ended up picking quite similar gowns, so she made me try 2 complete opposites on, to discount them, and then a style she thought would suit. In the end it came down to one I picked and one she did. (Mine won - yeay)

but i think that is where a good shop is worth it's weight in gold. you can't beat that kind of attention and experience. So don't panic, keep an open mind and just enjoy - it doesn;t matter if you need 10 apointments to get the dress, but I bet after the first one, you'll have a much better idea of what you want

x

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    ames2uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's true - maybe it's cos we are going to Vegas to get married that i'm concerned about it. We want something quite informal and relaxed so i'm not sure how to choose a dress with this in mind. When i see relaxed ones, i think i want something more formal, but when i see the formal ones, i think its OTT!

Like you say, i'm sure once i'm in a shop it will get easier

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

I tried a slinky well sparkly strapless dress on in Berketex and I wished I was getting married in Vegas to wear it ! IT WAS AMAZING !

• Blairwitch
    Beginner July 2005
    Blairwitch ·
    • Hide content

If you fancy a happy budget look the Dessy range have a lovely cowl neck dress that you can get in ivory / white:

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the dresses from here I had my heart set on the 1930s on but with the little lace sleeves, until I fell in love with my dress, but i do think they are all so beautiful! I think from memory prices start from about £1250 but that was when i was looking last year. Worth keeping an eye on Ebay tho as I have seen a couple go on there but they weren't my size

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    mrskay2bee ·
    • Hide content

Pippas dress was lovely I did think a bit bridey for a bridesmaid! I am selling a dress which is more kate than pippa, it has similar low v neckline and has lace overlay with clear sequins that catch the light. Bit of a mix of both dresses! Could also have a long sleeve lace bolero added to get the kate sleeves, I'm sure there will be loads of them around shortly! Check out this link to my ad on pre loved if you have a sec!? ......https://www.preloved.co.uk/classifieds/clothing-jewellery/womens-clothes?archivedAdvert=true its called Alice by charlotte balbier if you want to see a better pic online.

• E
    Beginner
    Emilia ·
    • Hide content

I am trying on this dress next week in London, they're doing a plunging back version.

https://www.motasem.co.uk/Collection/Wedding/Alaya.html

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

BHS have both Kates and Pipas dress! It was in the paper yesterday

https://www.bhs.com/mall/departmentpage.cfm/bhsstore/237839/1/1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics