Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2023 Hampshire

Please can anyone proof read my vows???

Rachel, 7 of January of 2023 at 15:10 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 14
Hello! I’m terrible and writing my feelings down but we wanted to write our own vows, so this is my first draft. I’m open to all advice and recommendations! Many thanks!!

Connor,

We started our journey more than 12 years ago as teenagers and to have found our way back to eachother, stood here today celebrating our wedding on our 7 year anniversary is magical.

Today is truly a dream come true. I am standing here in my dream place, in my dream dress, marrying the man of my dreams.

You are my cheerleader and my best friend. I love your thoughtfulness. I love your ability to keep me grounded. I love the warm and fuzzy feeling I get when you belly laugh. Your laugh makes me laugh.

I promise to always encourage you to follow your dreams. I promise I will challenge you to be the best version of yourself and to always be your partner in crime. I promise to be your co-pilot, and to bring snacks on our road trip through life. I promise that I will laugh, for real, every single time you tell the tractor joke - I think we can all agree this is true love!

I love you with all of my heart and I cannot wait to share with you the most beautiful moments of life. Let’s not just grow old together but to grow together. I couldn’t love you more than I do right now and yet I know that tomorrow I will x

14 replies

Latest activity by Rachel, 10 of January of 2023 at 15:54
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

They are really nice vows and don't need any changes if they are the words you want to say. However, you've asked for a proof read so I would just say that first bit doesn't make sense to me. I think it just needs breaking up a bit and maybe the tense changing. So more like:

We started our journey more than 12 years ago as teenagers. After finding our way back to each other, it is magical to be standing here today celebrating our wedding on our 7th anniversary.

• R
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! That’s really helpful! Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't change it too much. These are very honest and straight from the heart, really lovely. Give yourself more credit!
  • R
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhhh thank you very much! 😀
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I think they’re perfect! The right balance of sentimentality - heartfelt and sincere without feeling gushy and over the top.

Very good job!

• R
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! 😀
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    They are amazing it says exactly how you feel don't need to change anythin you have done really well it's coming from the heart ♥️
  • R
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You have done an amazing job with them X it's says how you feel x
  • R
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😀 x
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Lovely words xxx
  • R
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you xx
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

As others have said, the most important thing is that you say what you want to say from the heart. But as you've asked for input from outsiders, I just have a couple of comments. I found the first paragraph a bit confusing, especially with the reference to an 'anniversary'...I assume you are referring to the anniversary of your first date after you reconnected, but my initial reaction was 'is this a vow renewal?' So maybe something like:

"We started our journey together more than 12 years ago as teenagers. To have found our way back to each other, and to be stood here today celebrating our wedding on the 7th anniversary of the day we reconnected is magical."

And a stray word which I don't think should be there - you don't need 'to' in front of 'grow together. " Let’s not just grow old together but grow together. "

(Anyone else longing to know what 'the tractor joke' is now Smiley laugh )

• R
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I appreciate your suggestions! 😀 hahahah the tractor joke….. my fiancé is autistic and he loves this joke about an “ex”tractor fan - as in an extractor fan in a kitchen and an ex-tractor fan (a person that loves tractors), it goes on for 20 mins and he tells it to anyone who will listen 😂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics