Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

The Little Jewellery Box

Pls flash your engagement rings....

The Little Jewellery Box, 13 of April of 2012 at 11:26

Posted on Planning 87

Hi all, I'm an old married but I'm so upset because I recently lost my engagement ring. I'm so gutted! I absolutely loved it and it was obviously very sentimental. We chose it together in Barbados where my H proposed. It is insured and so we will be looking to get a new one. I'd obviously much...

Hi all,

I'm an old married but I'm so upset because I recently lost my engagement ring. I'm so gutted! I absolutely loved it and it was obviously very sentimental. We chose it together in Barbados where my H proposed.

It is insured and so we will be looking to get a new one. I'd obviously much prefer to find my original ring but we will be looking at new rings if the insurance company pay out and my ring doesnt turn up, so I'm looking for inspiration. I like white gold or similar and diamond. Pls flash yours to give me some ideas.

Thanks from a very sad old married ? x

87 replies

• MrsHoang2b
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsHoang2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is also mine! Smiley smile

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear you lost your ring - I hope it turns up!

Mine's quite simple Smiley smile

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

That's awful - hope you find your ring.

FMIL lost hers many years ago, it was on her kitchen window sill & OH had a tendency for picking things up. Eternity ring was found in the garden but they never found the engagement ring.

Mine isn't white gold but here you go...

• samwiches
    Beginner August 2013
    samwiches ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! I really hope you find it, I'm so attached to mine already and I've only had it 3 months, I couldn't bear to lose it ☹️

This is mine, white gold with a diamond in the middle, very simple yet elegant I think!

(aha, my finger's taped up because my ring was too big and although I wanted to wear it, I didn't want to lose it ? aaand I can't be bothered to get up and take a new picture right now, sorry lol)

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

mine is a 1.2 marquise cut diamond with 18ct white gold. I can't imagine how it feels to lose it, I would be gutted! I struggled to get a w.r. to fit and one suggestion was to re-set the diamond. I actually welled up at the thought! It just wouldn't be my ring! I went bespoke and am not keen on how it bends round (stone is huge!) but not sure if that's just cos im not used to it.

Hope you find it!

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

YeahYeahYeah can I see a pic if you've got one?

My jeweller said it would look a bit dated, but to be honest the price it cost was more of an issue. I'm after a 3mm in platinum so it'll be dear enough unfortunately. Hoping to get both rings for our £800 budget, but it's looking unlikely.

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

Will get you one tomorrow coco. its 3mm white gold and it cost £250 from my local jeweller after getting ridiculous quotes verging on £1000 from highstreet. Wish I would have got 2mm now though as i think it looks a little clumpy ☹️ My sil reckons that its just because its new and she was the same with hers. I hope she's right!

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    libby_walle ·
    • Hide content

This is Mine its white gold Smiley smile

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

£250??!! That's shockingly good, well done!

l was told around a grand too (but for platinum). Ernest Jones should change their name to Dick Turpin's, they said £1400 given the shape of the cage/stone.

I love my ring and was told when I ordered the cage I should get wed fit...4mths later I was back on the phone to Birmingham, agreeing with them. They've said they'll swop the setting for free though, so I guess that's something. Still really undecided though. The lady kept saying 2mm, after reading your comments I may reconsider now.

Thanks ?

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel your pain, im not even married yet and already lost my engagement ring. What's more we weren't insured when it went missing so we have to look for another once we have paid for the wedding. We have looked everywhere but nothing, OH was royally pi$$ed but I am devastated! Smiley sad

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

If it's not a silly question, where about do you lose the rings? Mine is rather sharp (it's marquise), but I still never remove it. It's actually looks a bit battered for only 8mths old, maybe that's why.

• H
    Beginner August 2013
    hampshire_bride ·
    • Hide content

Sorry if it comes up huge! This is me with my engagement ring trying on a wedding ring in a shop. Still haven't decided on a wedding one.

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Coco I always take mine off as too scared to get soap in it when showering/washing up or getting it sweaty at gym. Gonna think twice about taking it off after this post! Mine was designed by FI and represents the number of years we've been going out (a long time ;-))

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Wow, that's gorgeous!

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

This is mine, 3 aquamarines (my birthstone) with tiny diamonds between on a white gold band:

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

ER, with newly purchased wedding ring ? Hope your ER turns up somewhere safe soon.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is very similar, its aquamarine and diamond but they make them to order so if you asked they could probably do all diamond?

• T
    Beginner May 2012
    TET68 ·
    • Hide content

I hope you find it. I briefly lost the silver ring that OH gave me in Mexico to wear until we got the real thing - I was devastated and cried like a baby (both when lost and found).

Mine is platinum and I am having a plain wedding band.

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Mine is similar to yours, platinum from hatton gardens, if you are close to london it really is a great place to look, however, I would say the designs are less fussy, the focus is on the bling itself

• Beachbum
    Beachbum ·
    • Hide content

This is my beautiful ring, my OH chose it himself because green is my favourite colour and I absolutely love it.. It's peridot & diamond..

• Pinkerbell
    Beginner May 2014
    Pinkerbell ·
    • Hide content

Here is mine

I love it.it was a total suprise when my man proposed at my Birthday party 3 weeks ago

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Wow, thank you all for the flash! Stunning rings.

Mine still hasn't turned up so think we will be putting in a claim. So gutted!

I don't live near London so can't easily visit Hatton Gdn, would love to though! I live in Dorset, so if anyone can recommend any good jewellers in Dorset please.....????! :-)

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Sep12Bride ·
    • Hide content

This is mine, it's a 1 carat asscher cut diamond on a platinum band. I love it so much that I find myself gazing at it all the time, even though I've had it for over a year and a half! ?

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, I love the cut of your diamond. Haven't heard of that before. It looks gorgeous, I can understand you gazing at it constantly!!!

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Sep12Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Little Jewellery Box! I love the fact that it's an unusual cut, not many people have heard of it. It's a bit like an emerald cut but square with rounded edges ?

• Flumpkin
    Beginner December 2012
    Flumpkin ·
    • Hide content

Anything to show off my ER - I hope you find yours though as I would be gutted if I lost mine.

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

I am not religious so haven't done this myself but my mum always prays to Saint Anthony, Patron Saint of Lost Things, when she has lost something. Maybe some devine intervention could help find your ring! Hope it turns up soon xx

• Aurora13
    Beginner August 2012
    Aurora13 ·
    • Hide content

Here is mine its 3.5 ct black diamond with 24 white diamonds on the shoulders and sides. set in white gold

Here is my daughter holding it! She was only hours old in this pic!!

• Miss_EmiB
    Beginner October 2013
    Miss_EmiB ·
    • Hide content

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/2902958/18ct+gold+one+carat+diamond+ring/

My Beautiful ring from Ernest Jones. People are always shocked to know H2B chose the ring all by himself!
    He has great taste!!
    x

• M
    Beginner September 2012
    megandansot ·
    • Hide content

Oh I am so sad to hear that you lost your engagement ring... At least you had it insured, which was very smart... I haven't insured mine and I think I will do the same. I got my ring online at James Allen, does anyone know if you can insure rings from where you bought it? Or must I go through an insurance company?
    My ring is similar to yours, except it has the channel set diamonds set into the band. I really loved it when I saw it, it has kind of a vintage feel but something about the construction is quite modern. Your ring was really stunning - I hope it makes its way back to you or that you get another that you love just as much, if not more!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics