Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
Dedicated October 2022 Cork

Plus one??

Sinéad, 17 of June of 2022 at 21:02 Posted on Planning 0 12
Just wondering if you are giving single friends a plus one invite?
I don't know if I should or shouldn't.
Thanks ladies 🙂

12 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 22 of June of 2022 at 14:32
  • Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    We've haven't but all of our single friends know plenty of other guests. We also haven't invited colleagues' partners unless we know them, as they will be sitting on a table together and happily go out without their partners to other occasions.
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya they are all good friends so and will be sitting together. So they will be okay I think. Thanks so much for replying ☺️
  • Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't see why they would expect a plus one, if they know other guests.
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't think that they do. These people have been my friends since we were about 12 some even longer.
    I was going to give the a guest but wasn't sure if it would put them under pressure to bring someone along .
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    We are only inviting plus ones if the person we're inviting is married or in a long term relationship with someone. So for single people it would be a no for our wedding. It can be quite a hard decision for some guests if they have recently started a relationship but we have just had to use our common sense x
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Most of our guests are married as we are getting married later in life ourselves ( I’m 45). I do have a table of with 4 work colleagues who are all good friends and three of them will be single guests as they are divorced and widowed. We invited the 4th one’s husband as we know him and have been out for dinner with him etc. No one has said anything so they just accept it I hope!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I would say its up to you what ever works x💗
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We gave a plus one to my single friend from uni who won’t know anyone else (and she’s bringing a mate) but otherwise it’s long term couples/those who are travelling a long way only. We’ve had requests for new girl/boyfriends but have been very firm with saying sorry!
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We’re not going to! Our single guests are part of other friendship groups who will be there anyway so it’s not like they won’t know anyone. Got to keep the numbers down somehow 🙈
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks everyone I appreciate all your help 😊
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content

We're not having plus ones. All our guests know other people going and it just adds extra costs x

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

We haven't for single guests - just don't have the numbers in a 50 person wedding! I have said that if anyone winds up with a serious partner by the time of the wedding (we're a year away) then if we have any declines we might be able to offer them a spot but can't make any promises. I am trying to be particularly kind with where I sit any single guests, with the thought that if a couple winds up on a table where they don't really know others super well then at least they have each other!

As others have done, any serious relationships (living together, engaged, married) or other halves we know and like are definitely invited though - by name, rather than as a plus one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics