Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsRtoH
Savvy October 2022 Merseyside

Plus size bridal shops northwest

MrsRtoH, 26 of September of 2021 at 16:41 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 14
Hi All

I'm a plus size bride wearing a high street size 24. I finding it really difficult and disheartening going dress shopping. I've been to 4 shops so far and I basically in 2 of the shops the dresses wouldn't even go over my chest. Does anyone know of any bridal shops around the northwest that can cater so I can find my dream dress? I've been to Beautiful Brides in Liverpool who are an exclusive plus size bridal shop but I didn't find my dress there...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to feel quite depressed about it. Thanks xx

14 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 21 of October of 2021 at 10:42
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain, I am a 16-18 and found the boutique shop samples were all a 10-12, it really takes the magic away and also I found I couldn't picture the dress fitting correctly when it wasn't sitting right and i ended up just leaving the shop and going home. Have you tried googling Plus size wedding dresses near me? Failing that would you consider designing your own and having it made? I managed to find a family run bridal shop near me that were amazing and found the one, but I am down south so not much help to you. I found this on line, may be worth a look and calling a few to see if they hold samples in the bigger sizes before you go to them?

Where to Find Plus Size Wedding Dresses - North West Brides (north-westbrides.com)

I really hope you can find something and get that feeling to say yes to the dress X

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi i am a size 18 if you look on google type plus size dresses in there should be some bridal shops near you what about wed2be there is one in liverpool not sure where you ate based in the northwest x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Plus size bridal shops northwest 1

Plus size bridal shops northwest 2
    Not sure if these will help x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Copplestones cater for size 16 to size 34 there website looks really good it is based in liverpool x💗
  • MrsRtoH
    Savvy October 2022 Merseyside
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya everyone! Thank you so much for your suggestions! So, I've been to 4 shops so far, Beautiful Brides which was decent but I didn't find my dress there, then Bridal Boutique which had only 2-3 dresses that would fit me. Copplestones was OK, but didn't have very many dresses and then the last one I went to was a shit show and I couldn't get into anything. 🙄🙄

I just wondered if there were any other hidden gems? I've forgotten about wed2b... I'll go there soon actually! Xxx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Plus size bridal shops northwest 3
    Have youvtried this shop it is based in south liverpool x sorry you didnt find what you wanted at the other shops x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    You had any luck finding your dress x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Plus size bridal shops northwest 4

Plus size bridal shops northwest 5
    Not sure about these but you could try x 💗
  • J
    Curious January 2022 Gloucestershire
    Jesshumphriesx ·
    • Hide content
    Hello! I’m a size 22 & I bought my dress from https://www.aboutabrideplussize.co.uk/ it’s abit of a drive from Liverpool but I would highly recommend the women who owns it! She closes the shop for your appointment so I had 1-1 help & she only caters for plus size brides!! I found my dress down from £1000 to £395!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have just checked there website out its definately my kind of place some really nice dresses x💗
  • J
    Curious January 2022 Gloucestershire
    Jesshumphriesx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I couldn’t recommend her enough! I drove over 2 hours & it was so worth it! So many different options to choose from! X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel like every bridal shop you have to be be under a size 12 and if you arent they try put you in a ball gown type to hide your lumps an bumps but i want somethin that shows the figure of x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi how is the search going x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi you had any luck x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles