Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Loz
Beginner November 2023 East Sussex

Plus size dress shopping

Loz, 22 of November of 2022 at 01:45 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 4

OK so I few questions regarding dress shopping.

I reckon I'm a bridal size uk 20 or about that and wanted to know from my fellow curvy ladies if you found it difficult dress shopping. Did most places have a good selection in larger sizes or did you go to a plus size boutique. Also can you try on the smaller dresses to get an idea and then order in your size.
And second thing is how far in advance did you dress shop. I have a year to go and don't know if waiting 6 months untill I may have lost some weight is leaving it to long 🙃
Thanks in advance for any advice

4 replies

Latest activity by Loz, 5 of January of 2023 at 11:38
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    I didn’t find it too difficult, I range from 14-18. One bridal shop only had up to a size 14 as their sample dresses but they could order in larger sizes of those dresses. Another shop was all off the rack items and had sizes from 6-24, with a good selection. If you are waiting until 6 months before the wedding, you may find some shops won’t be able to order the dress in for you in enough time.

It may be worth looking at off the rack and lining up a seamstress for 2-3 months before the wedding? I know my seamstress is getting very booked up for 2023, so just a heads up. But I recommend finding some shops that are in your price range and calling up to see what their order time is, if they sell off the rack and also what sample sizes they have.
    I hope you get to find your dream dress! X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi I'm size 18 to 20 I was put of the idea of a bridal shop because of my size but the best thing is to ring around or email the local bridal stores near you and ask them or try wed2be if you have a local one x♥️
  • Stella
    Beginner July 2024 Greater Manchester
    Stella ·
    • Hide content
    I'm so glad you asked this as I'm around a size 20-22 at the moment (my biggest) and I do fluctuate between this and a size 18. I get such anxiety just thinking about dress shopping. I'm loving every other aspect of planning the wedding but I'm putting off looking at any dresses because I'm dreading the experience. Please keep me updated on your experience and any good shops you find to cater for us curvier ladies.
  • Loz
    Beginner November 2023 East Sussex
    Loz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I messaged loads of shops who all said they had my size in stock. But went to a prevolved dress shop and found my dream dress first time so it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics