Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

gee_gee
Beginner August 2013

Pocketfold invitations...help please!!

gee_gee, 6 August, 2012 at 21:19 Posted on Planning 0 8

We (read I!) am really keen to make our own invitations.

OH and I are both agreed that we would like pocketfold invitations, and I've ordered some card to make a mock-up. We've gone for bookfold so the opening is on the side as opposed to on the top iykwim?

Anyhow, for those of you who had pocketfolds, how did you keep them closed? OH has suggested a wax seal, but I'm not so sure.?

If you have used wax, where did you get it from, is it easy to do, and how many wax sticks did you need?

Sorry for all the questions!

G x

8 replies

Latest activity by raindrop_eye, 7 August, 2012 at 18:46
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I had pocketfolds & bought all my card, inserts etc from https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/ They had the largest range of pocketfold shapes, sizes & cards to choose from.

The only problem with using a wax seal, is that the guest would have to tear the invite to get it open. If you wanted a wax seal, I'd seal the envelope only. You can buy little wax seal kits from stationers or maybe hobbycraft & they come with a stamp- usually an initial. I've never seen the wax discs you refer to. The one I saw was like a little red candle shape of wax. You heat the end to soften it, then scrape the end off onto the paper. You then use the stamp to put an inprint in the wax & seal it.

I used little velcro dots to close our pocketfolds. I bought a whole strip of them off ebay. No ripping of paper to open it & the guest can reclose it to keep all the inserts & info inside.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I am planning on either using the ribbon that will go around the pocket to keep it together or using the velcro dots. You would really only need 1 or 2 per invite so it shouldnt cost you a huge amount of money.

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

I'd prefer the velcro and that's what I was initially looking at. OH is a nightmare once he's got an idea in his head though so I'm going to need to talk him out of the wax. I can imagine the carnage doing the seals with a toddler running about ?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

This is the seal wax kits I've seen at our local stationers. As said, you could seal the envelopes, but I wouldnt do the actual invite. Also, wait till the toddler is in bed!

• raindrop_eye
    Beginner October 2012
    raindrop_eye ·
    • Hide content

We tied raffia around ours and attached a tiny charm in the shape of a leaf (we have a tree theme). The charms were a great find on Etsy, only 10p each!

(Tried to include a photo, but can't figure out how. I've clicked on the Insert Media icon and selected the photo, but clicking 'Insert' does nothing. Any ideas?)

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

We've used personalised stickers from ebay - these have our names and the date on in a circle and match our colour scheme.

They don't rip when you open the invitation because the pocket fold is slightly shiny.

• ~Lee~
    Beginner October 2012
    ~Lee~ ·
    • Hide content

We had little magnetic catches. It's been the thing that most people have commented on!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When you click reply (not quick reply), click on the icon that looks like a film strip. Choose your file from your computer than press insert.

if it's not working, check the file is a jpeg or similar and that it's not too big.

ETA: may not work on ipads and similar. - If you're on an ipad, you may have to upload image to photobucket then copy the image link. If you search the forums you will find more info on this.

• raindrop_eye
    Beginner October 2012
    raindrop_eye ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Kharv, think my jpeg was too big!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics