Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Pocketfold invites

4 September, 2011 at 18:00 Posted on Planning 0 23

Just ordered some samples from pda craft but theres one bit I'm stuck on and thats how to seal the invite in a way that it will reseal after being opened the first time and without using loads of ribbons or anything that will make the envelope too bulky....

Any ideas?

Also anyone whos had pocketfold invites please do flash away and give hints and tips on other stuff like how to print out all the inserts or stick the stuff down etc...! We all love a good flash!

23 replies

Latest activity by kookik, 6 September, 2011 at 11:13
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I went with the pocketfold with the full cover, once the front detail and inside sheet were added it was heavy enough to keep itself closed.

You could try the little velcro dots?

I printed all my inserts onto A4 card and cut it out with a guillotine, then used double sided tape to stick it all down.

• germaki
    Beginner October 2013
    germaki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I ask if you made these or purchased these? They are lovely and exactly the kind of invite I have been looking for!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

@ Germaki - I made them!

@ Tinnut - They are the 140 x 140 ones on the bottom row, 2nd in from the right.

Double sided tape down each of the wings of the pocket, and a strip down each side of the front design and the invitation piece, it is quite strong stuff.

• germaki
    Beginner October 2013
    germaki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow they are fantastic!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Germaki, they were a lot simpler than they look, just time consuming!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Wow mrs c yours look fab!

as we were on quite a tight budget, i scaled down the actual pocketfold and make them out of a4 card.

argh sorry for the huge pics!

while we couldnt actually fasten them shut, they cost about £10 to make which worked better for me! we were going to put the ribbon round to tie it shut but im not patient enough for that!

xxx

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Mrs C- Why did you use double sided taped opposed to glue or pritstick? Less messy?

I think I want to make my own but don't know if I can be bothered with the faff. Plus I'm not that creative x

• L
    Beginner May 2011
    lukas222 ·
    • Hide content

Very nice .Well done

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Less messy and adheres better!

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Double sided tape doesn't stick to all the paper types though so you need to either find an extra strong tape or apply a bit of tacky glue (especially when sticking the wallet part!) just for a bit of reinforcement!

Nat

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for butting in part way through the thread but Nat, is there any tape or glue that you would recommend?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Mine was really sticky and my card had a slight shimmer to it. It was the one that PDA sold.

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrs C - Yours were Cryogen White weren't they? It's fine with that. I found that the double sided tape works ok on that card but it doesnt for the stardream and metals range. I don't use PDA all that often, only when I want a colour that my suppliers don't stock but of all the metals and stardream that I have stuk with their tape, I've gone to work on them in the morning and the pockets have all opened back up.

I use the Tacky glue or Pinflair photo glue for mine. Stick fast without the slightest worry of them reopening! I do use double sided for the inserts though as there isnt as much pressure on those.

Nat

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes they were - that might explain it!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I used the Cryogen Irridescent which is completely different to all of the others in the iridescent range - it has more of a light sparkle to it rather than an all over pearlescence.

The design and the text were printed from my basic Kodak inkjet and were absolutely fine. I laid everything out in powerpoint and printed onto A4, then cut it all out, that way I also got edge to edge printing. My printer didn't like printing on smaller bits of card.

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

SuperLauren - your invites look exactly how I want mine!

Could I ask how you scaled down to A4 and also how you managed to cut them so precisely? and how do the backs of the invites look?

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya chuck

the backs are plain to be honest. i've got a not to scale template that might help, i cant attach it though for some reason but if you let me know your email address then ill send it over. to cut them i borrowed a friends craft mat and used a stanley knife to cut and a pair of scissors to score...much easier than i thought!

xxx

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

Thanks SuperLauren that would be great!

my email address is ********.**@*******.**.**

much appreciated Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics