Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

PPI Claims

22 June, 2012 at 14:10 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 40

Anyone had a successful claim? Mine is with Halifax and I've got two more weeks to go before the final decision comes through.

40 replies

Latest activity by raincloud, 7 July, 2012 at 19:45
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I have only ever had two loans, both of which were car finance.

Don't have any paperwork or any idea if I even paid PPI...?!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Yes I successfully claimed for my sister through Halifax. They were very punctual on timings and wrote back to agree within the timeframe. Good luck!

• F
    Beginner May 2011
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Yes easy and quick! I had NO paperwork rang the bank (natwest) said I thought I had been misold - Had a letter within 2 weeks and the offer within 8.. Money in my account a week later. My loan was approx 6k and I got £2,200 back... ?

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I did this with Halifax and got a cheque back within 8 weeks, no questions asked. £2000 LOVELY!

Did you take out TMPP? If you did just be aware they only initially pay back the PPI element ( although this is still worth having back!) and not the critical illness and life cover. I have however put a seperate complaint in about those elements and am awaiting a response. They aren't covered under the new legislation but you can still complain about them if you choose to.

Hope you get news soon!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of making a claim but I don't think I have any paperwork only the initial agreement.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Really? i think i would be due a £3k refund i'm going to get on the case.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Yes, we have claimed 4 so far. It doesn't matter if you don't have the paperwork- go onto Money Saving Expert and they can give you all of the details there. If you want any more help PM me, don't want to discuss on here as much, the walls have ears and all of that.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

One of the girls i work with- got £3200 last week.

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

I've had 2 successful claims so far, I have another couple to put in too. You don't need any paper work, just names, addresses, lenders, if its a claim on a loan you'll needs approximate dates of when the loan was taken out, how much it was for and what the monthly repayment was, you'll also need the account number and S/C that the installments came from....For credit cards, you just need to know roughly when you took the card account out, the lender (obv!), credit limit and of course acc no. Some places will try and stall the process by writing back and asking you for more information so try and put as much info in the letter as you can to avoid this happening. Also, try not to use those PPI companies, they can swipe anything up to 50% of your refund (if it's successful of course) - they DO NOT do anything that you cannot do yourself. The only thing they do is take a massive wad of your money!!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks i will go have a look.

Did you go through one of those companies that make the claim for you? or can you just do it yourself?

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

I did mine myself - those companies are a complete rip off. There is nothing that they do that you cannot do yourself, they just charge you for the privelige!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Just filled out my questionnaire and will be sending it off to MBNA at lunchtime.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Please don't use one of these companies. They take up to 50% of your refund for sending a letter. That is honestly all they do. If you want help please PM me. It really is very easy to claim back yourself

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks love. I'll probably be in custody then for beheading my husband, but here's hoping. ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Am really thinking of doing this. My SIL works in finance for a car company and says they are just paying it back, no questions.

I had a loan several years ago, with front-loaded PPI on which I paid interest. This type of PPI is now illegal as it's deemed to be daylight robbery. I only have a payment summary, not contracts or anything. Do I just write to my bank for the contracts or will the summary sheet be enough?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I've just sent a questionnaire off to my bank about a loan and credit card I had through them 10 years ago. Hopefully I will get something back.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

How do you go about claiming for possible PPI on a car loan (finance)?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

So you write to the lender not the bank. I cant even remember who the lender was. I had the first car finance in 2006 until 2010 and now I have new one that started in 2010 and ends in 2015 (I know which lender this is with).

Is it worth trying those to. PPI was never mentioned me either time so I have no idea whether I paid it or not?

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

What happens if you havent got any paperwork? I shred all mine a year after the loans etc have been paid? Can you still claim? Not sure if i have had any PPI on loans, credit cards etc.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I've just sent off a questionnaire to another credit card company where I had a card about 10 years ago. Hopefully something comes of that too.

Now I just need to try and remember who I had the bloody car finance with!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Just heard back from my current car finance lender and I didnt take PPI; no great surprise there but at least I can tick that off the list.

I was just riffling through my drawer at work when I found some paperwork regarding my old car finance agreement - result! PPI Questionnaire now winging its way to them.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

four more claims!

One loan from 2003/4

Two credit cards from 2002/3

Car finance from ****

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I don't think I've ever taken out PPI despite having numerous loans and credit cards over the years. I wouldn't even have any details of previous loans etc left.

Is there any way to still claim and check if I did?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had little paper work but could track the loan numbers by looking at my direct debit payments (had to search back several years). I phoned my bank and they said this is all I need to make a claim. However, I KNOW I had PPI so it was easy enough for me. If you need to check, try to find the loan account numbers and then ask your bank/lender for paperwork related to that account.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Re my credit card and loan (£3k) I had an offer today for £801! Yes please I'll take that!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Yay! We have got 5% of our house deposit through PPI ?

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fab news Tricks!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Woohoo!

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

I almost wish I had taken out loans so I could claim! Must ask H if he has ever had loans.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics