Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Mack
Beginner May 2012

pregnancy paranoia!!!

Mrs Mack, 24 of August of 2011 at 16:43 Posted on Planning 0 128

I know this is not exactly wedding planning, but with 9 months to go I am completely panicking.

I am on the pill and still using other more tradtional methods of contraception also! Except the other night the more traditional method failed me! I know I am just being paranoid, but am really freaking out, cos I read online pill doesn't always work either.......someone tell me to calm the hell down please!!!! x I cannot be pregnant with 9 months and 2 days to go.....I would have to cancel my wedding! Oh dear Lord Smiley sad

Apologies for being random, had to tell SOMEONE and really don't want to say it out loud, I have just joked about this very situation in another post recently, not good!!! x

128 replies

Latest activity by *Nursey*, 25 of August of 2011 at 18:42
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Why would you be worried if you are also taking the pill?

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

It really depends at what point in your cycle you were when this happened. Chances are you'll be fine. I'm not on the pill, have just over 3 months to go, and i've had a couple of accidents in the past year and i've been fine! Don't stress about it! What's for you won't go past you! and even if you were, would it really be the worse thing in the world to the point you'd have t cancel your wedding? Brides get married while pregnant all the time!

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

I am almost certain you will be ok, but I'm also quite paranoid about this situation (although I'm just on the pill not other methods) Is there still time to get emergency contraception just in case?

You'd have to be very unlucky to get preggers from that I'd say, and if you did I'd say its a sign lol...stop panicking.

RKB, i think its the fact that her wedding is almost 9 months to the day she's panicking at rather than just at being pregnant. It would be a danger of giving birth during wedding situation - I faced this exact fear myself not that long ago LOL (and if you want the honest truth I just told him to forget coming near me that week as I'd messed up my pills)

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

If you are taking the pill properly then it is almost 100% effective. You are fine. DW.

I had the same thing during my WP, but I was more worried about not being able to fit into my dress!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

If you're using the pill you should be fine. It's all I use and touch wood we've been fine. I know no contraception method is 100% fullproof but the pill is just about as good as it gets so long as you take it properly!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Culturally and religiously, a lot of people would find a pregnant bride shameful. I know that very few brides are pure and virginal on their wedding night these days, but that doesn't mean that a pregnant bride is acceptable to everyone, even if it's no problem to many.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Are you serious?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I'm serious. Remember that you're supposed to abstain from sex until you're married, according to traditional teaching in many religions, therefore no sex = no pregnancy.

You'll also often find a similar opinion from older generations.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So you think it's shameful?

• T
    Beginner October 2012
    TracieGtobe ·
    • Hide content

Me too lol was 6 months gone

Relax - I am thinking you are only panicing cos its the magical 9 months to go. if you taking the pill correctly you should be fine.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have not, and choose not, to put forward an opinion on the issue. I was merely replying stating that not everyone thinks it's peachy fine, that's all, even if modern society thinks it's not a problem.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In the olden days maybe AJ, but in this modern world that we live in, i don't think anyone looks twice at a pregnant bride. I've also heard, and of course, i could be wrong, but i thought that in some religions that you only marry once, and it's frowned on to get divorced.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

*Takes a Bow* ?

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

To be fair my main concern isn't if I'll be pregnant so much as will my BMs be?!

One of them is actively trying (as we spk prob knowing her LOL)

But at the end of the day I am not going to fire her from the role although the points AJ has made did cross my mind, I worried that it may not be tasteful to some of my guests that the BM is pregnant but at the end of the day she's my best friend and I'll let her off as the child will be my future honorary neice or nephew.

I also know another girl who did get pregnant while planning her wedding and she promptly postponed the wedding, not out of shame but because she wnated to be able to knock back several vodka and cokes and enjoy her day!!!

• T
    Beginner October 2012
    TracieGtobe ·
    • Hide content

Damn thats me shamed TWICE then!

• lil_kel
    Beginner September 2013
    lil_kel ·
    • Hide content

AJ, did you come here in a delorean from the 30's/40's?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

AJ what's your opinion on brides who already have children? Actually, that's pretty obvious...

• T
    Beginner October 2012
    TracieGtobe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Trickers - stop it now I cant bear the shame ... preg when bride, then divorced and getting married to someone else with two children from previous marriage. !?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

You're going straight to hell Tracie.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure AJ will now back himself up and tell us that him and his OH have stayed celibate until their wedding day otherwise he is going to completely contradict himself...

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

But AJ has already been married once so I doubt he is pure and virginal.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly..i have no problem with people being devout and sticking to the belief system of whatever religion but it is the picking and choosing of different parts and the feeling that they are looking down on you for whichever parts they have decided they have done correctly annoys the hell out of me.

For the record this is my first marriage and all three of my children were conceived in love no matter if i was legally married or not. I find no shame in my choices.

To the OP,as the others have said if you have taken the pill correctly you should be totally fine.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah but AJ is a man and therefore exempt from the rule about being a virgin on your wedding day. Dontcha know.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I despair. I really do. AJ do you ever wonder why people don't like you?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I would have felt nervous walking down the aisle if I was pregnant - I wouldn't have been able to have drunk the amount of alcohol I did to get me down there.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A quick google finds a page talking about it from an Islamic point of view. http://www.therevival.co.uk/article/single-muslim-and-pregnant

That's one modern view, so your claim that "nobody looks twice" is probably not entirely accurate.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is the main reason (apart from my total lack of maternal instincts) that I would NEVER want to be preggo on my wedding day.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why? I've not shared my opinion, and still choose not to. I'm merely reporting facts as others see them, all of which could easily be verified with a bit of googling.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

But religion is a whole different matter

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Woah, i think some of you should re-read AJs post.

The OP posted that she would have to cancel her wedding if she got pregnant just now, then others remarked that they see no reason why.

I think you will find AJ was just pointing out there are valid reasons why some people would cancel a wedding if they found out they were pregnant, he also then pointed out this was not necessarily his own opinion, simply AN opinion.

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am just not sure why you felt it necessary to say what you did in the first place - it wasn't what the OP asked - seems to me that you just get a kick out of getting a reaction ...

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The OP said that if she was pregnant she might have to cancel the wedding. Someone said there was no need to. I simply replied that isn't always the case. I see no controversy just for sharing an opinion that isn't necessarily held by the majority.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics