Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*JLS*
Beginner July 2012

Quick Hen Do Question

*JLS*, 28 March, 2012 at 11:08 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

I have my hen do next week and I feel bad that everyone else has paid money to go there except me so I wanted to bring something up with me for them. Did any others do this? I was thinking about bringing some drink up with me, but I wondered if anyone on here has done something different?

5 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 28 March, 2012 at 13:48
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I made goody bags for all. Some chocolates, a face pack, a mini Body Shop bubble bath and body lotion, some Alka Seltzer.

And I brought booze. Lots of booze.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

You could put together a "goodie bag" for everyone?

I did a similar thing for Mini's hen night - mini bottle of champers, shots, plasters for sore tootsies (Or faces, knees, arms as they were used!), choccy biscuits, headaches tablets for the next day and I had badges made with all of our nicknames on.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I think it's sweet of you to consider this. I didn't, as I paid my own way and we only went for a 'standard' night out really. I think booze would be appreciated, and maybe you could send little thank you for coming cards out afterwards? I'm just thinking about what I would appreciate if I was going on someone's hen. Where are you off to?

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Ah, a goodie bag sounds like a great idea!! All I know is that we are going to Aviemore from the Friday to the Monday and I have been told to bring a swimsuit , outdoor clothes and a sexy black dress for the Saturday night. I have no idea what is happening though Smiley smile

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Well I popped out at lunchtime and went to Bodycare and picked up lots of little goodies Smiley smile

• Mini nail files
    • Mini nail varnish
    • Small pack of tissues
    • Eye make-up remover wipes
    • Face wipes
    • Alka seltzer
    • Plasters
    • Lip balm - from Body Shop
    • Chocolate, lollipops and chewing gum from Superdrug

So for ten people it cost me less than £50 ? now just need to get wee bottles of wine and then the bags to put it all in and we're good to go!!

Thanks for your help ladies.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bridesmaid organising a hen do in Aviemore in September, so I'll look forward to you reporting back!

I'm doing goodie bags for the hens attending, i'll put the list below. I understand it seems a lot, but may give you some ideas to choose from if you decide to do little goodie bags!

As well as the obligatory booze how about taking cupcakes too?

Toothbrush and Mini Toothpaste
    Face Mask
    Perfume and cosmetic samples (I’ve been asking for a few each time I buy stuff!)
    Bath Crystals
    Personalised Shot Glass
    Personalised Sash
    Tiara
    Condom
    Notebook and Pen
    Retro Sweeties (Fizz Wizz/Dip Dabs etc.)
    Chocolates and lollypops
    Plasters
    Paracetamol
    Water or Irn Bru (for hangover)
    Packet of Tissues
    Personalised Stickers
    Dare Cards
    Scented Candle
    Suntan Lotion wipe
    Midge Repellent Wipe
    Mini Shower Gel

You voted for . Add a comment 👇