Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Red Lipstick on your wedding day??? Opinions Please??

24 February, 2011 at 11:46 Posted on Planning 0 10

What do you think about a bride wearing red lipstick on her wedding day?? Our's is a winter wedding and my bridesmaids will be in red. I'm also thinking of going for red shoes wth sparkles on the heel. Do you think that wearing red lipstick is too much on your wedding day or that it could work?

10 replies

Latest activity by Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB), 24 February, 2011 at 16:47
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I think if it suits you then its fine!!! therespic of one of the brides here, i think Spangles altho i coudl be wrong with laaarvley red lipstick on!!

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

Why not ? If it suits you and you have lovely white teeth ! lol

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

I love it, its very Dita Von T. I think if it fits the style go for it.

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Whenever I work on BM's wearing red dresses I normally use red lipstick on them as I'd not you can look washed out. Having red lips really ties you in with the outfit. I normally use clinique buttershine lipsticks in red shades as they are a wash of sheer colour and are not so dramatic if your BM's aren't confident enough to wear a dense red lip. The light in the winter is not as bright so you can get away with more dramatic copies than in the summer time

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

In my completely uneducated opinion I think it depends on the shade of red. Some will look beautiful, others can look garish.

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

I love the look of red lips! I just wish I had the skin tone and the balls to carry it off ?

I'd be worried about leaving lipstick marks all over the groom though, not a good look. So as long as its well staying lipstick I say go for it!

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, I sooo wanted to wear red lipstick but wasn't sure if it'd be too much!

Bridesmaids have red sash/bows on a 60's style dress...

Groom has red tie...

I've got red shoes...

Plus, me being chinese and having black hair..... White dress - they're all our colours, black white n red! lol xxx

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of a cerise pink lippy, I'm olive skinned and have very dark brown hair and I look ill wearing wishy washy make up. I always wear a plummy colour lippy, I keep thinking as I'll be a bride should I wear my make up natural but don't want to look washed out on the day. I went to work once wearing no make up (was in a rush) and people kept asking me all day if I was unwell!

So prob be full on lippy but be gentle on the eyes, my bridesmaids are turquoise and cerise as I love colour and we're going abroad xx

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

As said before, I think you have to be really careful that the colour doesn't make your teeth look yellow - not that I'm suggesting you have yellow teeth!

I might be inclined to do a dummy run - get tarted up in wedding colours (not necessarily wedding dress) and ask a friend to take covert pics to see how the effect looks.

Me personally? I don't think I'd want any one part of me that stands out more than the other (altho the puppies may be a problem for this ?) but it's all down to your own individual style

• Hide content

Whenever I work on BM's wearing red dresses I normally use red lipstick on them as I'd not you can look washed out. Having red lips really ties you in with the outfit. I normally use clinique buttershine lipsticks in red shades as they are a wash of sheer colour and are not so dramatic if your BM's aren't confident enough to wear a dense red lip. The light in the winter is not as bright so you can get away with more dramatic copies than in the summer time

• Hide content

Whenever I work on BM's wearing red dresses I normally use red lipstick on them as I'd not you can look washed out. Having red lips really ties you in with the outfit. I normally use clinique buttershine lipsticks in red shades as they are a wash of sheer colour and are not so dramatic if your BM's aren't confident enough to wear a dense red lip. The light in the winter is not as bright so you can get away with more dramatic looks than in the summer time

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics