Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tamlyn
Curious July 2023 Cumbria

Registrar booking - how long?

Tamlyn, 23 of November of 2021 at 13:17 Posted on Planning 1 43
We’ve provisionally booked our venue for 6th July 2023, and they are holding the date whilst we talk to caterers and book the registrar. They have said they will hold for 14 days. However, I’ve contacted the registrar office in question, who are apparently experiencing ‘significant’ delays in getting back to people.

Has anyone had any experience with this? How long did it take for the registrar to confirm a ceremony date and time, once you’d sent through an enquiry?

43 replies

Latest activity by Courtney, 14 of December of 2021 at 22:48
  • Stephanie
    Savvy June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

Bath council was 2 days. Sorry that that's not a particularly helpful answer! hope the significant delays don't cause any issues with the venue (presumably everyone booking will have the same problem at least!)

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    All depends on your area, ours was 5 days. You could try and call and explain the venue are holfingnsonifbtheuvcould confirm availability on the phone you may be able to pay holding deposit to them to secure registrar and then book venue. If you can't do that see if the venue will give you a bit more time if you explain the situation and they have no other interested party and say if they get another person interested in thedate can they let you know
  • Karisma
    Savvy March 2023 Kent
    Karisma ·
    • Hide content
    For my mine, the venue booked with the registrars and they sent us an email a week later to tell us they were extremely busy and they would call us to take payment of the booking fee, which they did a few weeks later.

Perhaps try and email them? You may have some luck, I emailed mine last week to ask a question at around 2am and got a reply by 10am
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone. It’s Lancashire council. So far we’re on day 4, so maybe I’m just being impatient. The automatic response from them does say that the venues are aware of the delay. Fingers crossed I’ll hear something by early next week. I would think a Thursday ceremony in 2023 should be ok, but I’m learning not to take anything for granted in this planning thing!!!
  • Rachel
    Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi your on the same Lancashire council as us for our Thursday wedding in 2023! We’re on week 10 waiting to hear back from them… fingers crossed in the new year something will happen 😃

I’ve got my dress as I’ve heard it’s a 12 month delay on some wedding dresses I🥲Let me know how you get on Xx
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    10 weeks??? Oh my word!!! The venue advised they were working with a 2 - 3 week backlog. I’ve gone ahead and booked the venue, and was hoping to get save the dates sent out soon (most of our guestlist are going to be travelling, so want to give everyone as much notice as possible).

Worried about what to do now
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we booked our venue because we love it too much to let it go..
    that’s true were thinking save the dates to send them out January for the same reason as we’ve got a few family members who will have to get on planes to come too
    Just wish we could all know so we not all worried about it all ..
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All so stressful!!! Hoping it comes through soon for you too. Keep me updated!! Will be good to keep in touch with a fellow July 2023 bride 😊
  • J
    Savvy May 2022 Lancashire
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I booked my wedding in April this year for my wedding next may 2022 and they have only just took payment last week! After I sent email in April this year!
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    Should of said sorry I booked with Lancashire council
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh gosh, that doesn’t fill me with confidence lol. I’m now just on 3 weeks, so I guess I can assume I’m going to be waiting a while!! I wonder why they are so behind? I know there’s extra demand, but I wouldn’t have thOught it was that much more than other areas.
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's easy Lancashire that I have dealt with. As we are getting married at the sparth house in Accrington. I just kept bugging them with emails. It also helped when I put URGENT on the email. X
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry should of said east Lancashire
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, I’m dealing with East Lancs too - we’re getting married at Browsholme in Clitheroe. I haven’t actually emailed again, but I might send another one, just to follow up. Glad you got yours sorted now
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was really panicking. The only thing is they haven't given us long to give notice now! I can't believe how much it cost! We are getting married on a Friday and its cost £350 for the register and a further £30 deposit. And they want £70 off his to give notice
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, no that doesn’t give you much time!!! I want to get this part all sorted as quickly as possible. Did you get any kind of confirmation around the date prior to? I’m worried that they’re going to turn around and say they can’t do the date we want. The venue are happy to change a date if need be, but if they leave it too long, we won’t be able to give guests enough warning
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lancashire county council are always the same. I would also ring the number you contacted at East Lancashire and just state that you was wondering whether they had received your email etc that worked for me. They got them to Emil me as soon as they could and it was within the hour
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome. Thanks so much.
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They basically emailed me back in April and said they was significantly busy. I then rang in may and said I wondered if they had got my email etc.. they got someone to email me and they confirmed that because they was so busy it would be reserved in the diary and payment would be took as soon as they got onto next year's weddings. So you just need to clarify that it's reserved. They can't change the booking then even if they haven't took payment. The only thing that they couldn't do for me is the time.

• Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh amazing. Thanks so much for that info. I’ll definitely try following it up this week
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    No problem at all. My partner was so laid back about it and I was worrying haha.
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine doesn’t even know it’s an issue at the moment…. Lol
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I couldn't tell my partner at first haha and then when I did he was like oh it ages away haha
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Jodie I’ve sent you a message 💕
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Rachel, have you heard anything yet?
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How strange I was about to message you!
    Nope nothing yet have you ?
    I’m thinking of sending emails through soon as soon as new year begins it’s going to be go go go.. xx
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, I’m going to try ring them, as Jodie suggested, and go from there. I know we’re only 2023, but it’s just one of those things I’d really like to have ticked off and sorted!!!
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Would you like to me to possibly call you and go through what I did with Lancashire county council. I don't mind. It might be easier than me messaging on here?
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Would you like me to possibly call you to go through it
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's okay if you don't want to just thought it might be easier