Tamlyn
Beginner July 2023 Cumbria

Registrar booking - how long?

Tamlyn, 23 November 2021 at 13:17 Posted on Planning 0 7
Saved
We’ve provisionally booked our venue for 6th July 2023, and they are holding the date whilst we talk to caterers and book the registrar. They have said they will hold for 14 days. However, I’ve contacted the registrar office in question, who are apparently experiencing ‘significant’ delays in getting back to people.

Has anyone had any experience with this? How long did it take for the registrar to confirm a ceremony date and time, once you’d sent through an enquiry?

7 replies

Latest activity by Rachel, today at 10:43
  • Stephanie
    Beginner June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·

Bath council was 2 days. Sorry that that's not a particularly helpful answer! hope the significant delays don't cause any issues with the venue (presumably everyone booking will have the same problem at least!)

• Charlotte
    Expert April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    All depends on your area, ours was 5 days. You could try and call and explain the venue are holfingnsonifbtheuvcould confirm availability on the phone you may be able to pay holding deposit to them to secure registrar and then book venue. If you can't do that see if the venue will give you a bit more time if you explain the situation and they have no other interested party and say if they get another person interested in thedate can they let you know
  • K
    Curious March 2023 Kent
    Karisma ·
    For my mine, the venue booked with the registrars and they sent us an email a week later to tell us they were extremely busy and they would call us to take payment of the booking fee, which they did a few weeks later.

Perhaps try and email them? You may have some luck, I emailed mine last week to ask a question at around 2am and got a reply by 10am
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    Thanks everyone. It’s Lancashire council. So far we’re on day 4, so maybe I’m just being impatient. The automatic response from them does say that the venues are aware of the delay. Fingers crossed I’ll hear something by early next week. I would think a Thursday ceremony in 2023 should be ok, but I’m learning not to take anything for granted in this planning thing!!!
  • Rachel
    Curious June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Rachel ·
    View quoted message
    Hi your on the same Lancashire council as us for our Thursday wedding in 2023! We’re on week 10 waiting to hear back from them… fingers crossed in the new year something will happen 😃

I’ve got my dress as I’ve heard it’s a 12 month delay on some wedding dresses I🥲Let me know how you get on Xx
  • Tamlyn
    Tamlyn ·
    View quoted message
    10 weeks??? Oh my word!!! The venue advised they were working with a 2 - 3 week backlog. I’ve gone ahead and booked the venue, and was hoping to get save the dates sent out soon (most of our guestlist are going to be travelling, so want to give everyone as much notice as possible).

Worried about what to do now
  • Rachel
    Curious June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Rachel ·
    View quoted message
    Yeah we booked our venue because we love it too much to let it go..
    that’s true were thinking save the dates to send them out January for the same reason as we’ve got a few family members who will have to get on planes to come too
    Just wish we could all know so we not all worried about it all ..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics