Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xKellsBellsx
Beginner December 2012

Rehearsal for civil ceremony?!

xKellsBellsx, 26 November, 2012 at 15:55 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone, it's a bit late now, but I was just curious to know if it was standard practice to have a rehearsal for a civil ceremony at your venue? I had assumed it was only church ceremonies that had rehearsals, but MIL2B made several snide remarks at the weekend about us not having one....she made me feel pretty useless and like an idiot :-( Not what I need 2 weeks before we get married, but oh well! Have I completely missed a trick??

7 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 27 November, 2012 at 19:10
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We had a mini-one - not a ceremony rehearsal, just a walk-through with the venue wedding coordinator to check through songs/timings etc. In my experience as a guest and as a bride, civil ceremonies tend to be a little more clearly directed on the day, so I wouldn't worry about the ceremony itself. Having said that, we completed a very extensive questionairre with our registrar, with email communication up to the day, so we had a very firm plan in place.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have one at all. I think we were supposed to the day before (with the venue coordinator, not the registrar or anything) but we forgot.

All went fine - they tell you exactly what to do and when.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We had a walk through a few days before, only me and my mum. Only because she has had 2 hip replacements so wanted a little practise to make sure she could do it without limping too much. If it wasn't for that I don't think it would have been essential, however it was useful as I realised I needed to start my entrance music at a certain point so I could get the bit I wanted in - the aisle was a lot shorter than planned!

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have one and I don't think it's standard practice to - not with the registrar anyway. But we did meet the registrar the week before the wedding to run through everything and that was great - they will guide you through everything on the day so nothing to be worried about at all.

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - I was sure it wasn't normal, especially not with the actual registrar. We spent a long time with the registrar and have read through the booklet with the order of the ceremony several times; I'm glad to hear that they give good direction too.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I want to have a quick run through with my bridesmaids just so that I can figure out timings for the entrance music. Have no intention of inviting H2B because he isnt involved in the walking down the aisle so doesnt need to go through timings. I dont think he actually knows what the entrance music is and I hope to keep it that way, keep him in suspense a little bit ?

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

We made sure the usher incharge or the music knew what was happenning but that's about it.

the night before we had dinner at the venue with our wedding party and someone asked where they were sitting during the ceremony so after dinner we had a slightly tipsy run through! We had to make sure that I would fit downt he aisle with a brother on each arm too!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We diddnt have one at all and there was no need too tbh, my venue co-ordinator told us what to do when we got there and they were so organised about it all that I diddnt worry at all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics