Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

Reserved seating wording

Sarah, 11 of July of 2022 at 14:00 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hey everyone.

I have noticed in pictures of weddings at my venue that there are what I presume 'reserved' cards on the front row / 2 rows of seats (this is at non church venue) I can't zoom in enough to see what they say. These are not supplied by the venue and I am making my own.

I wondered if anyone had suggestions as to whether I need to specify who sits where like reserved for MOB / MOG or special seats for the Bridesmaids and page boy. Some of the bridal party are young so thought it may be handy for them to have an actual seat with their name on? x

4 replies

Latest activity by WilliamPEM, 16 of July of 2022 at 00:17
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We made our own and had the role and name, so for Example it read RESERVED - Mother of the Bride - Sally

I think is best to have the actual name on so there is no confusion. We had set seats for certain people on the end of a row as they needed to get out for reading or witness

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think this would be a really nice idea especially if you have little ones and also it means there will be no arguing from guests trying to get the best seat x💗
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Think I will do this now as my mum has been yapping on about reserved seats! If she has one with her name one that will keep her quiet 🤣
  • Stephanie
    Savvy June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

We did this! The language I used was:
    This seat is kindly reserved for NAME

on each one. Although I then had complaints from the MIL about which front row seat she was allocated so sometimes you just can't win! We did reserved signs for the parents, grandparents, Maid of Honour, Best Men and the person doing our reading (so I could leave the reading on her seat ready for her)

• August 24 Bride
    Savvy August 2024 Kilkenny
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content

I work as a wedding coordinator as well as being a bride to be and these are such an amazing idea. The last thing you want is a chaos at the end of the aisle before you make your entrance. At my venue i recommend that dependent on how many in your bridal party that they all have reserved seats. for example, who your walking down the aisle with either Father of the Bride, Mother of the Bride, and then bridesmaids, flower girls etc. We also recommend supplying them for the grooms side of the family for those immediate family members like mum, dad, nan etc who you would like to sit on the first row.

Wording can be anything like...

This Seat is kindly reserved for the Mother of the Bride - Joann?

or just plain and simple.

Reserved for Best Man - Jack?

Ill attach a picture of some we've had at my venue previously,

Reserved seating wording 1

Reserved seating wording 2

Good luck with all your wedding planning x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics