Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Rings at the ceremony

Hayley, 7 of March of 2022 at 06:12 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 21
Hello all, I was just wondering what you had/will have your rings in at the ceremony? They came in their own boxes of course. Is it worth getting a 2 ring box or does the best man just have them in his pocket? Scary.

21 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 19 of March of 2022 at 17:01
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Our jeweller gave us a box that they could both go in together and the best man will have that inhis pocket. It is a bit buklier but is easier than carryong two boxes and looks nicer in the presentation. I definatly wouldnt let the Best Man have them loose in case there was a hole in the pocket, and also could get dirty. We are taking ours and my engagement ring in to the shop a few days before and they are going to clean them up and then I wont put my engageent ring back on until after the ceremony

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Sometimes the Best Man has the bride's ring and the Maid of Honour has the groom's ring, because these are the 'lead' people on each side - MOH hands you the ring to put on FH's finger and vice versa. In which case two boxes is ideal!

If it's just the Best Man carrying both rings, I'd err on a two ring box, otherwise he might be fumbling about making sure he has the right one ready at the right time...

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We just used the ring boxes our rings came in. If you & your OH have same sized hands and very similar rings, then a two-ring box might be useful - my ring is tiny compared to my husband's, so there was no risk of ours getting mixed up!

Also, we had a church wedding & our rings ended up sitting together on a Bible while the minister prayed they would be symbols of unbroken love in our marriage and then we each took the other's ring from the Bible. So if you have a church wedding, the best man might be putting both rings out at the same time anyway.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you all for your advice
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

99% of the time the best man will have the rings. Don't ever remember seeing a kerfuffle with him handing the wrong one over but I have seen one that forgot them completely and he had to go back to get them. Lucky it was a Church with no other wedding afterwards.

And yes with a Church ceremony both rings are placed on the wedding ceremony book but not necessarily always on a bible, but like this.

Rings at the ceremony 1

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. In your experience, does it work best to have them both in one box do you think? We do have 2 best men but the wedding is in a registry office and I'm not sure if one person has to have them.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really doesn't matter. In your case with two best men then I think the obvious answer is for them to have one each - after all that is one of the jobs for a best man.

When two boxes are used I see the best man reminding himself "grooms in left pocket" "brides in right pocket". Same if they are both in the same box. But they are usually very different if not in style if its a plain band then they will be a different size.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I've emailed the registry office to check we'd be allowed 2 as, like you say, it does make the most sense.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you mean allowed two best men ?

If so there should be no problem. Although if its a small room they may mention space as they need to be at the front for ease of access - as do the witnesses usually.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Allowed to both have rings. I'm not sure how prescriptive they are. It's got capacity for 50, including witnesses, bridesmaids, best men and photographer
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not often that photographer is counted in, as capacity numbers usually only refer to seats.

I am 99% sure they will have no issues with each best man having a ring. Other than the registrar will have to "learn" two names as it goes something like. "I believe Geoff has the rings for us, if he would like to step forward"

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    "The capacity is for 50 people which includes the two witnesses and a photographer if you are having one, but does not include the couple and the two registrars." is what it says. Okay, great, fingers crossed.
  • Alexandra
    Beginner January 2024 Adana
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

First, best congrats to you!! And if you're afraid of losing them, put it inboxes. Well, usually, it was bought in boxes. I bought a single box which you can put 2 rings in it together, so the best man wouldn't get it lost, and it's pretty convenient for us to open it and put them on each other's fingers. for your referenceSmiley smile

• B
    Beginner February 2019 Caracas
    Benlovenow ·
    • Hide content

NO. DO LET YOUR BEST MAN HAVE THEM IN POCKET WITHOUT BOXES!

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you all 😊 Think we have decided to let each of our two best men have one ring each so we'll just have them in the boxes they came in.
  • D
    Beginner April 2023 Greater Manchester
    Dina ·
    • Hide content

This is my ring and its box, my husband got the same box, we gave them to our bridemaid and best man to keep them. And they stood by our side and gave the boxes to us on ceremony!

Rings at the ceremony 2

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds lovely
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Our children have made a box in our wedding colours for our rings they just have a few finishing touches x💗
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww, how sweet
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know x Hope you have an amazing day xx💗