Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eliza Rain
Dedicated January 2025 Surrey

Robbing Bar Stewards ... 118212 freakin' Maureen

Eliza Rain, 16 of March of 2011 at 10:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Just queried with the surprisingly helpful for once Vodafone (although my online account is showing me a bill from Dec 2009 which is as much good as a choccy teapot!!!) why my bill was £14 higher than I was expecting. Was concerned as I have my first smart phone and thought 'oh heck, my internet usage has gone sky high'!

But it turns out 3 calls I made to 118212 Maureen in Feb cost me £14.37 for a combined 8mins. I know they say that the calls will be charged at something or other but I obv wasn't listening prop and if they'd said it was going to be £1.80 a min I'd have hung up!

Prob my own silly fault but my god - robbing gits! Cheaper than the men with moustaches?? really? Jeez....

Bah. So annoyed!

7 replies

Latest activity by Rebecca86, 16 of March of 2011 at 15:07
  • *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Grrrr they make me cross, I grudge having to use them, but when I do I always get them to send me a text with the number instead of them putting me through. I usually only use the men in moustaches though.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

118 500 is cheaper i find. Only have to use it when im on the go as id use the t'interwebnet otherwise. But yes you are right, rob dogs.

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Did they put you straight through? if they put you straight through, the call to the third party is charged at 118 212's rates and not at a normal local rate (or whatever). always ask for the number to be sent to you as a text so you can call them back on your free minutes.

so, what JLCB2B said!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Or use the internet on your phone to find the number if possible!

• Eliza Rain
    Dedicated January 2025 Surrey
    Eliza Rain ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I think thats where I went wrong - they put me thru'.... : (

I didn't have a phone with internet capabilities then Raef! Its only the past fortnight I've joined the real world phone wise!!!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Aah, ok. Just you mentioned thinking your internet usage was high, didn't know the new phone was after this!

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

With my smart phone i never use 118 or anything like that i use the "places" app

it finds my location i type what i want eg taxis or what ever and it comes up with local firms

there's also a yell.com app you can download for free from the market!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics