Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Expert June 2024

RSPV cards. Help

rachel2012, 18 May, 2012 at 09:43 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi, I thought I was up to date on all my wedding things till I saw that you are meant ot give out RSVP cards, I have never seen these, can someone pease advice me on what they usually say/look like and do you provide the envelope to go with them? Thanks

16 replies

Latest activity by rachel2012, 18 May, 2012 at 12:11
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

You dont 'need' RSVP cards who told you that? im sure your guests are more then capable of picking up a phone, texting, emailing, etc etc etc to let you know they are attending your wedding......The only time you may consider having a special card is when your guests have to pre select a menu choice.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

You don't need them, some people like to have them but I personally don't think they are "necessary". We had them so people could give dietary info and also a song for the DJ to play. We didn't include stamps so people had to buy those themselves. They were postcard-style so didn't need envelopes either.

As long as you have a clear method for people to respond (e.g. if you want them to respond by post, include your address; or number for them to call etc) then you should be fine!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I didn't include cards. Just an RSVP address and also an email address.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Exactly what the others said. Some people enclose RSVP cards, just as it makes it easier for their guests to respond (still won't mean you'll get them all back in time though!). Of all the wedding invitations I've received, I'd say about half include them and half don't.

If I get an invitation without one, I pop out to Clinton Cards and buy a "Wedding Acceptance" card and send back. My sister specifically didn't enclose them because she wanted to keep hold of people's little cards as a keepsake.

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, saw on another post that someone was really offended that they didnt have a RSVP card and had to go buy one, then my OH looked at me like I was stupid that I hadnt thought of it! I have included our address on the invite so may do a little postcard thing and save on the envelopes!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I'm not planning to do them, will give people address, email address and website, if they can't manage one of those 3 then they've got problems!!!

• katgreene
    Beginner December 2012
    katgreene ·
    • Hide content

We got them for ebay for about 6 pounds for 50 only so replies could be sent to out 4 year old daughter so she is more involved in wedding stuff x

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Very true!! Unfortuanlty the RSPV card thing has come to light after I have printed of all my wedding invites so I have only included my address and no phone numbers etc.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

You don't need to supply RSVP cards, if they have an address they will be able to pop out to the shop and buy a card.

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

I'm including them for 2 reasons

1) They will be free on Vistaprint as will return address labels

2) The majority of my guests wouldn't even know how to turn a PC on, nevermind email or Facebook (hence why I haven't bothered with a wedding website either).

I won't be including a stamp though, too much other stuff to buy!

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

SassyT is there a special reason why they are free on vista print? ie have you ordered other wedding stuff from there?

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

Bung something in your basket, doesn't matter what but don't go through checkout

In a few days they email you reminding you it's still there and then start tempting you with a shedload of freebies like t-shirts, mugs, business cards (mine turned to save the dates) canvas bags, pens, postcards...i could go on! All you pay is postage.

Then they'll email you about once a week on average offering you more free stuff. You can only order 2-3 free things an order so I'm doing mine in dribs and drabs and just ordering when I get an email

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I think it's nice to include an email address if no RSVP card is included. Especially for evening invites. Making things easier for people will ensure a better RSVP rate!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We just had the postal address on the actual invite, but included an email address in the info insert that we popped in.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm being really pedantic, but you have written "RSVP" and not "RSPV" on your invitations, haven't you?

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, you have all been really great. x

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I have, the curse of trying to work and plan a wedding, poor spelling!! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics