Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flamin Nora
Beginner August 2013

RSVP's....your thoughts?

Flamin Nora, 27 September, 2011 at 19:16 Posted on Planning 0 27

I know, again, that I am doing things early but...

We have been looking at lots of different invitations and always keep coming back to pocketfolds. We are debating making them (and all the little decisions that need to be made are driving me mad lol) but the main thing we can't decide on is RSVP cards.

So, a little feedback would be lovely!

Did you have/are you having RSVP cards?

If yes, did you/do you provide a stamp?

And if you did have them, did you get them all back?

My thought is that all the wedding invites we have had, none have had RSVP cards, and all it took was me to pop to Tescos to buy a card. But then on the other hand, pocket folds are so pretty!

Sorry for the rambling! Any replies would be welcomed!

27 replies

Latest activity by sue250, 29 September, 2011 at 10:31
  • Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Yes we had RSVP's but we didnt provide stamps. We provided envelopes with our address printed on them. We also had a website that they could RSVP on, so we thought most would do that. Turns out most people actually sent the RSVP cards back anyway!

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I am having pocketfolds with RSVP cards inside.

I am thinking of putting stamps on the envelopes but i'm not sure yet to be honest!

I received an invitation the other day (I knew it was coming at some point) I went an got an RSVP card and replied the same day!

I am quite an organised person and get quite frustrated at those who are not!

So I think thats why I am including RSVP cards with the possibilty of stamps.

Pocketfolds are very pretty though, also they are very practical as you can put in so much info without overloading your guests!

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We are supplying rsvp cards with envelopes with our address printed on them not sure about stamps though as i have done a website where i suspect most would go x

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

We had RSVP cards with the day invites because we had menu options and I wanted to make it very clear to guests that they needed to give their options along with their name so I could keep track of who was having what. I didn't bother with the evening ones because I tend to think of evening receptions as being much less formal, and it wasn't such a problem if I didn't have exact numbers. I didn't bother including stamps as 50+ stamps would have been so expensive and I don't think its a big deal for someone to buy one stamp.

We had almost all our rsvps back for the daytime, there was one couple who forgot and had to e-mail their choices to me and their were several members of my family who ignored the rsvp completely and just e-mailed their menu choices to my mum. Despite the fact that the invitation was from H and I...

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

We provided RSVP cards for our all day guests, as they had to make menu choices. I pre-labelled the cards with names, as it was not just about getting replies or numbers, I wanted to ensure I knew every individual person's menu, as each person will have an individual menu in their place at the wedding breakfast. We put in envelopes but didn't put a stamp on.

We didn't provide RSVP cards for evening guests.

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

We have had a wee flurry of wedding invites recently. I have to say, 'normally' I would be very prompt ar rsvp'ing, but I'm ashamed to say that the only one we didn't receive an rsvp with to return, probably took me about three weeks to reply. Now it was still within the allocated time etc, but it did make me think about providing them with our invites, where tbh it hadn't before. I 'previously' (before I was in wedding planning mode) would have no qualms going out to choose a pretty rsvp card, and return it, but these days I seem to be forever chasing my tail, and tbh it took me three card shops till I found one I liked anyway, so if I found it a bit of a 'hassle' then I'm worried some of our guests might too.

I'm now gonna be providing them for sure. With stamps, I can't say. I'm one of these folks who always has a book of stamps in my purse, but then again, is there any point in providing rsvp's and no stamps, as surely they could just lay about in peeps bags till they get to a post office - hmmmmm.....

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We provided RSVP cards (they were free with our invites otherwise we probably wouldn't have bought them) but no stamps. We also had an e-mail address people could reply to or were happy to take confirmations over the phone if necessary.

About half of the people replied using the cards, and well within the time frame we requested. I think we only had to chase about 4 people.

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

We didn't provide any RSVP cards - we just put RSVP to our address or by email.

Most of the older guests sent an RSVP card - and it is really nice to receive lots of different ones. Many of the people our age just replied by email.

So I don't think you need to include them (but there is nothing wrong with including them if you want to) and it will add to the expense, especially if you add stamps!

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies for your replies!

So, I think general consensus is provide an RSVP card and envelope for day guests. May decide on the stamps closer to the time, depending on cash flow!

We are not going to give evening ones - giving an email address to those guests instead.

Lovely, problem solved! Now just to decide on what they are going to look like!!

• N
    Beginner August 2013
    nickya ·
    • Hide content

We aren't providing RSVP cards because I'm really looking forward to having all different cards from different guests, saying that most of my family will just facebook me probably so it will ruin it anyway. I may put on the invitation that if they don't send me an acceptence/decline card then I'm going to break their legs... As you can tell we are not a very formal family lol (I wouldn't really do that just in case anyone wonders.)

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

We too had pocket fold invites & included an RSVP card. It was also a postcard style self-addressed back to us- so no worry about envelopes. We didnt include a stamp, but printed in the top right hand corner, was a rectangular box & written inside was 'affix stamp here'. I thought the extra cost of stamps wasnt worth it, plus some guests lived overseas so I wouldnt have been able to include the stamp anyway.

We got 80% back, but I also included a phone number & email if people preferred & got maybe 10% of replies this way. The rest I had to chase, but whatever form of RSVP you decided on, there will always be those that dont RSVP.

• abbijay
    Beginner October 2011
    abbijay ·
    • Hide content

We had pocketfold invites but didn't include an RSVP card. My mum was dead against them as they're seen as very rude in traditional etiquette and I love doing some things the old fashioned way. We put an additional info sheet in the pocket though (directions, gift list, accomodation, etc.) I must admit I prefer to write a personal note so even when we've had an RSVP I've put it inside a card so a stamp would be a waste in my eyes.

I have really enjoyed reading all the notes we've had back from people, it makes it really personal.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I had a pocketfold invite - we included an rsvp card which also asked for dietary requirements, an addressed nut not stamped envelope and another card stating our 2 gift lists & on the other side an romantic verse so that when people opened up their invite they seen the actual invite details & the romantic verse.

I think it encouraged people to rsvp alot quicker ie stopped them from having to go & purchase a rsvp card. eg We got a wedding invite on the monday, had to wait to the sat to buy a rsvo card & & then post it. If it had been included we'd have had it back withina couple of days.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I've not sent mine yet, but I have made RSVP's to go with mine. It didn't cost me too much extra so I decided it was better to include them, I suspect some people will still send a card ( as I would) and also some people wont RSVP at all! I don't mind really, as long as I find out eventually if they are coming or not.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

We had RSVP cards and an envelope with our address on it so that all people have to do is fill it out, put a stamp on it, and send it back! We needed dietary requirements and numbers for our bus which is why we did the RSVP cards. - and also from what i've read, you get a better response from people if you've included it.

we sent ours out on Saturday, and we've had 6 back so far, and a couple of phone calls to say that they'd received their invite and would RSVP!

It's exciting getting the wee cards back and trying to guess who they are from!

bit of advice. Either put peoples names on the RSVP, or leave space that clearly askes for their names so that you know who has RSVP'd. We had friends who sent theirs out and didn't do this. We ended up writing our names on the back of the card so they would know it was from us.

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

We are having RSVP cards, with stamps and envelopes for full day guests, think they will come back faster that way.

Evening guests are just saying RSVP to our mobile number or e-mail address, as its mostly younger folk invited at night anyway, all the old aunties etc will be there all day x

• hannioli
    Beginner April 2012
    hannioli ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the process of deciding on our invites, we're going with pocketfolds, but I'm not going to include RSVP cards, going to give everyone e-mail addresses, our address, wedding website and phone numbers as options for RSVPing.

As much as it'd be nice to get RSVP cards back in the post, it's just an additional cost that isn't necessary in my eyes.

• November11bride
    Beginner December 2011
    November11bride ·
    • Hide content

We had pocketfold invitations for day, and envelope style ones for evening. Both had RSVP's and ALL had stamped SAEs - our deadline is this coming Saturday- and we are still waiting just under 40% of them tobe returned - gioving SAE's and Stamps is no guarantee that people will respond

Of all the wedding related 'stuff' this is the one area that has totally pi$$ed me off Smiley sad people have no idea how stressful it is to hear 2nd/3rd and in some casses 4th hand that they arent coming, or that they want to bring fred bloggs cos they have split from long term partner

aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh

and breath

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

What a response! I think invitations is going to be the biggest headache so far!

Glad Im giving myself plenty of time ?

Thanks all!

• MrsL'Cham2be
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsL'Cham2be ·
    • Hide content

Like Annie Pie said I added no's to the back of my RSVP's as sometimes you'll get a card back with only a first name on.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I'm making my own too and they will be pocketfold invites so providing RSVP's but deffo won't be providing stamps.

I think people can be lazy so at least if we provide the RSVP's then there's more chance of a speedy response!!

• MrsL'Cham2be
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsL'Cham2be ·
    • Hide content

Haha- Dilly Dandy, how did you manage to find out who that was from? Process of elimination or did you ring round?

Oh If you add no's on the back of your RSVP's, remember to also number all your guests in each home and keep it somewhere safe.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Same as Anniepie Smiley smile I really want the cards back and we have left a space for people to write us a message which will be nice to keep but also something we can read out during the speeches from those who can't make it!

Given some of the nightmare stories re RSVPs I've seen on here, I'm putting the stamps on to try and remove any possible excuses for people to fail to respond!!

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We sent one RSVP card per person, with names pre-written on. This was because I needed to know individual menus, not just numbers attending. We only sent one envelope per household though!

I'm told the kids LOVED getting their own little cards and getting to tick their menu choices! ?

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

I'm making my own RSVP postcards, and include stamps on them.i just thought it would be easier to get answers off people that way. My friend (also my BM) has made the invites so i have just brought some nice paper and will pop them in the middle of the invites once i have managed to design them.

i'm stating on the invites that acceptances sent via facebook will not be accepted - that would really bug me because it's seems so impersonal and neither me or my OH are on it so they would have to accept the invite via my brother or my uncle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics