Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2016

Same wedding venue

Bumblebee2016, 27 of April of 2015 at 20:14

Posted on Planning 35

Me and my partner have been planning our wedding for the last few months and booked our venue for September next year. We was going to have a small wedding this year but decided we wanted to save for a bit longer and have the wedding that we both dreamed of. I have been really happy planning every...

Me and my partner have been planning our wedding for the last few months and booked our venue for September next year. We was going to have a small wedding this year but decided we wanted to save for a bit longer and have the wedding that we both dreamed of. I have been really happy planning every little detail but today a family member dropped the bombshell that because she also loves the venue we have booked she has decided to book it this year on the same day as ours(just a year sooner)and now I'm so upset Im thinking of cancelling ours and just having a quiet one even though we would loose out on our deposit. I'm happy that she is getting married herself but she could have chose another venue or waited until after ours. Is it just me or would you be upset yourself. I haven't said anything yet. It's not like it will change anything she has booked it now. We are quite close and she had planned to go abroad just her and her partner and has never mentioned a big wedding until I found out this week. I don't know what to do.

35 replies

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

That's a really sad thing to do and just shows she's probably insecure and looks up to you a lot.

Don't worry too much about this. Your wedding day will be totally different (better) than her's. Just don't tell her anything else about the day and she'll soon run out of ideas and have a dull day.

I would ask her why she didn't speak to you about this as she has known about your plans and you feel used now. She has lost your confidence and trust over this. I'm sure she'll regret that.

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

I totally sympathize with the OP, to be truly honest i'd be upset at both the same choice in venue and the same date. I know people get married everyday and someone will have the same date and same venue blah blah but when it's a close family member to you i would see it as a little out of order too.

If they didn't genuinely know about your "booked" venue choice then i wouldn't be upset as much, i'd just be annoyed with myself that i didn't tell them sooner if i'm honest.

On a positive note hun, as per other replies see it as a bonus to you. See how they're wedding is and how you can "better" the wedding. That'll give you a greater sense of satisfaction.

Things will work out alright in the end Smiley smile

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

I understand other people saying your wedding day will be special anyway & its not your venue but i cant help but think who would even do this?! To pick the same venus is bad enough but to then pick the exact same date (albeit a year before ) is really odd. I cant believe nobody else in the family has said to her that it is weird or asked her what she is doing !

• Fairytales19
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairytales19 ·
    • Hide content

I'd be so upset and annoyed Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics