Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2023 Fife & Angus

Sequel wedding 3 years later?

Kimberley, 11 of July of 2022 at 08:20 Posted on Planning 0 7
Hi, this is my first post so hoping I’m posting in the correct part of the forum. Apologies if not 😅

My husband and I were married in August 2020. We postponed our big day because of Covid and so it was just a registry office ceremony with our son, our parents and my siblings present. We went for a meal with our parents afterwards. It was a lovely day and we are happily married but it was not the day we dreamed of due to all the restrictions.
We planned to have our big day with friends and family a year later but covid restrictions were still around and so we said we’d do it this year. Yet again though life got in the way, as I have just graduated from uni and so the stress of final year whilst being a mum and then also having a miscarriage was just too much.
We still dream of having a day where we celebrate with family and friends, where I can wear a dress I dream of, my husband can wear a kilt and we can just enjoy making memories with our loved ones. But I fear we have left it too long. A lot of people sent cards and gifts the first time round and I don’t want people to think we are just having a second wedding to have all that again. It’s not about that at all, we just want to have the day we dreamt of making memories with those we loved.
So, after all that, my question is - is it weird to have a sequel wedding 3 years later? Would you attend? Keeping in mind we live in Scotland but have family all over the UK.
Thanks for reading ❤️

7 replies

Latest activity by Rebecca, 13 of July of 2022 at 00:04
  • L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content

Quite honestly, with everything that has gone on over the past 3 years, I would say that's a lovely idea. I wouldn't think that someone was trying to get extra gifts if they were in your circumstances, though you could stress on the invites that you didn't want anything - this was for the joy of being together at last.
    I think a lot of people would understand.

• K
    Beginner August 2023 Fife & Angus
    Kimberley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for responding, it’s really reassuring to hear that it’s a nice idea and makes me feel much more excited about planning ☺️
  • W
    East London
    Watergirl ·
    • Hide content

I'm bookmarking this thread as my circumstances are almost identical and have been wondering the same.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think what you want to do is totally understandable hope you in a better place thinking of you if ypur worried about guests thinking your after more gifts you could write a little mesaage in your invitations xx 💗
  • I
    Beginner October 1980
    IriskaHaits ·
    • Hide content
    топ телеграмм каналов - Инвестор - рассказывает что такое капитал инвестора, доходность инвестора, инвесторы России, начинающий инвестор, суть инвесторов, а также рассказывает как начать инвестировать
  • Leanne
    Dedicated September 2022 West Yorkshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    You deserve to do and why not 😄
    Again as they have said after what has happened the last few years have the big celebration and have fun
    I promised my Man a long engagement but after the last few years I brought it forward as you never know what is around the corner.... we now have 10 weeks to wait ha ha x Go for it
  • R
    Beginner February 2023 Staffordshire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a lovely idea. I’m sure all your friends and family will love to celebrate with you. Enjoy xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics