Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner October 2013

Serious wobbling.....*flash*

Future Mrs Gough, 23 June, 2011 at 00:37 Posted on Planning 0 19

As it says, I am having serious dress wobbles! I absolutely love my dress but I'm not sure whether its too plain or not. What do you think? Please be honest. I won't be offended. Thanks ladies x

The red bits on it will be raspberry pink

19 replies

Latest activity by The Little Jewellery Box, 24 June, 2011 at 14:30
  • estilomodabridal
    estilomodabridal ·
    • Hide content

I think it is a very beautiful dress and classy. Its not plain because it has the colour and the embroidery and beading...

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is lovely, I don't think it's too plain, with the edging in colour and the fantastic detailing it'll be stunning.

• Nolan2B
    Beginner April 2011
    Nolan2B ·
    • Hide content

It's not plain at all! Perhaps you should go & try it on again just to experience the feeling you did when you ordered it, you must have loved it to buy it. It's easy to forget the feelings you have when you last tried it.

• MandM90
    Beginner July 2011
    MandM90 ·
    • Hide content

Not my cup of tea either, but definitely not too plain!

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jsmout ·
    • Hide content

TBH its not my cup of tea either....its definately not plain, but i think you know in your heart if you want it or not....i had wobbles about my dress 1 week ago, so sold it and brought a new one....Ive only got 6 weeks to go...

So sleep on it and if you feel the same then you know, how i decided is that if i saw a dress and though instantly OMG I WANT THAT DRESS, then i knew that was the one for me, but if i was like mmm not sure, how do i look, etc etc then thats not the one.

I hope ive helped..sorry if I havent xxxx

• IDoWeddings
    IDoWeddings ·
    • Hide content

That dress in no where near being plain.

It has different colours and a design on it. Trust me I have a completely plain dress - no bling no colours just ivory slipper silk without any design on it. My jewelery and veil add some sparkle and design to it all.

I dont think anyone would descibe that dress as plain!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I agree - it's not a plain dress at all, and while not my taste, still very lovely.

It doesn't really matter what anyone else says about your dress TBH - if your wobbling about it, with over a year to go, that's not a good thing and you should take some action.

Have you actually ordered it/paid a deposit on it? Is there a possibility of trying it on to be sure it is the one, or even a possibility of going back to the drawing board and looking for another dress? I guess it depends how severe the wobbles are.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the others in the it's not too plain, I would definately go and try it on again if you haven't already ordered it and then you will know for certain. As LM said you have a while to go yet so there is still time to find another dress.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Definitely not plain!! Try it again and see how you feel x

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Don't think 'plain' think 'simply elegant'.

IMHO it would be more elegant without the detailing on the fron of the skirt - I think it's too much with the colour and details top and bottom. And is this the one with the coloured panel down the back too? I have a friend with the same/similar in green.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

It's my my style to be honest. It's definitely not too plain though.

• F
    Beginner October 2013
    Future Mrs Gough ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. Yes I have already ordered it and paid for it, but I will go and try it on again and see if all the old feelings are there. OH says I can get another dress if it's really not the right one. I looked at other dresses online but nothing has jumped out on me so maybe its just because I haven't tried my dress on for ages. I will take some pics next time I try it on and put them on here so you can see what u think then x

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Try it again and see how you feel- its not what I would have gone for but then again you would most liklely say the same about my dress!

If you dont like it when you try it on again- thats the time to worry!

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

As others have said , go and try it on again and see how you feel. If your wobbles are still there you have time to change.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely not too plain with the colour and detail. You've got nothing to worry about

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

Definately not plain. It's a dress that I liked as well.

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry everyone has dress wobbles at some point. I keep getting them and I've paid and had my dress altered. I've fallen for two dresses I've seen girls wearing on here but have to tell myself that I bypassed these when I was trying them on as they style didn't suit me, just remember you fell in love with this dress not just for the look but for how you felt when you wore it and will probably feel this again when you try it on.

It's definitely not plain and don't forget you can wear a gorgeous bracelet and tiara to sparkle it up a little, that's what accessories are for :-) x

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I think it's anything but plain! The embroidery and colour give it something special, but it is elegant as it is not OTT. Personally, I'm a white dress bride so it's not for me personally, but if I went to a friend's wedding and saw her in it, I would think it was stunning!

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

It's not too plain at all! I agree that you should wait until you try it on again and see how you feel. I had wobbles in between but when I tried my wedding dress on again I loved it! Don't worry but be honest with yourself when you try it on again and see how you feel when you first put it back on and look in the mirror. I'm sure you'll probably fall in love with it all over again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics