Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

sex before marriage

17 of August of 2012 at 13:49 Posted on Planning 0 64

I was just browsing another forum(slap my hand i know)

and i came across a few posts from women who are waiting until their wedding night to do the deed.

Some of these girls have been with their partners for 3-4 years and still have 2 years to go !

is this common nowadays as i was still a bit shocked by this?

are there many women here who are waiting until they are married?

64 replies

Latest activity by Ann, 29 of November of 2022 at 16:09
  • ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

I can't imagine doing this personally, or imagine not living with my partner until after we are married. But everyone is different, so each to their own!

I think that would put a lot of pressure on the wedding night too - especially if you are exhausted from the busy day!

• Muesli
    Beginner June 2013
    Muesli ·
    • Hide content

I haven't waited personally, and think it's lovely thing to do.. if that's what they both want Smiley smile!..

I also think it's a lot of pressure for your wedding night..! I am planning on getting very drunk and not even thinking of doing it on my wedding night lol!!

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

I am, kind of, or should I say we are!

We are Christians, and although we live in the same house (not ideal) we have separate bedrooms. We have done 'it' but a long time ago, I wasnt a Christian when we met but have become since, and it didnt feel right to us. Caused us more trouble and upset to do it than not. Only 4 weeks to go!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I've got a couple of friends who have done this for religious reasons.

If it suits them then fair enough, it's not for me personally. My worry would be you could potentially have a lifetime of rubbish sex, but then I guess you wouldn't know any different! Can't imagine what the wedding night would be like.

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

With just over a year to go I jokingly suggested no more until the wedding night to my OH - his face was a picture!

It's evident to all, however that we have had sex outside of marriage as we've lived together for 4 years and we have a child.

It's not for me though - try before you buy and all that jazz ?

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

I was discussing this with a couple of my colleagues a few weeks ago.

I'm not shocked by it. I respect the people that choose to wait until marriage before they sleep together. If they're happy to make that commitment then fair play.

However, saying that, I couldn't do it. It would destroy me if the person I loved and had married didn't quite do it for me in the bedroom. Though writing that down looks like I'm extremely shallow! I'm not. I am very aware that other aspects of a relationship are just as important!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

But.... what if he was *really* bad at it? ?

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

Did anyone else see that really baaaaaaaaad first kiss that was making the rounds? It was on an American show. This couple had not only abstained from sex before marriage, but hadn't even ever kissed one another. That's brave!

Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS!!

• JenniferRFC
    Beginner August 2013
    JenniferRFC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^ This ^

We have lived together for 5 years and I can't imagine waiting that long! Although if we had planned on waiting we probably would've got married years ago instead of putting it off and going on lots of holidays instead. Imagine the pressure on the wedding night ?

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eurgh, that was beyond awkward!

I know a couple of people who have waited due to religious reasons, but it's definitely not for me!

• Autumnroseee
    Dedicated December 2022
    Autumnroseee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that video... how can you get kissing THAT wrong!

Personally I haven't waited until marriage, but I do understand why people would Smiley smile x

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

If i had suggested to OH about waiting till we married for sex he would of laughed at me!

each to their own but i dont think i could live with someone and not have sex with them

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Haha, YES! THAT video!!

Wrong on so many levels.

• F
    Beginner September 2012
    fionajack ·
    • Hide content

My Fiance and I are Christians and we are waiting till we get married. Although, we have been together for 3 years and I wasn't a Christian when we first got together. We do occassionally slip up but want our marriage to be for God 21 days to go!

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    dominique89 ·
    • Hide content

Well we got 3 kids together so its obvious that we have done the deed lol me personally i wouldnt want the added pressure on the wedding night but i was thinking about giving up a couple of weeks before

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In what way?

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I know I couldn't do it, sex is a massive part of our relationship.

If you don't sleep together, do you at least get to see his... goods? What if it was horrible?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

It's a bit of a sticky subject really.

• F
    Beginner September 2012
    fionajack ·
    • Hide content

Well because I wasn't a Christian before we met we were having sex before marriage and trying not to has been difficult but we would both prefer to wait but I can see both sides of the coin.

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As opposed to the really attractive ones?!

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! Exactly what I was going to say. I'm a Christian, but haven't always been and had plenty of experience when I converted (right word?) so didn't see the point in changing that as I would still not be a virgin on my wedding day. I also agree with try before you buy. An ex of mine was RUBBISH at pretty much everything in that department. I tried to teach him but it never changed. We weren't together long because it was basically just a friendship without the rudey bits. Although, saying that, I don't see anything wrong with being friends with benefits either ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh right. I must admit I don't see the point then. Either don't or do - I don't get the inbetween grey area.

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tee hee. Sticky ?

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was my reaction too! And I just watched the YouTube video. Bleugh - she actually looks like she's eating him, and the way he was going at it at the start, not good ?

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But have you ever watched embarrassing bodies? I've seen some seriously ugly ones on there. If I was a virgin and one of those came flying at me on my wedding night, I'd want a divorce.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

That video is baaaaaaaad. You can just imagine the sex. Or not. Goodness me I don't want to picture it.

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, thanks for that .... MAKE THE PICTURES STOP!!!!!!!

?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Then you always have the lights off.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You mean like the ones with a bend?

I am in the "try before you buy" camp which includes sex and living together..you need to make sure you can put up with their quirky little habits in both aspects before you agree to spend the rest of your life with them. My H2B's habits drive me crazy but they dont make me want to go at him with a machete...yet ?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

That video is baaaaaaad. Grim. Not only is it awkward and horrid looking, imagine how embarrassing and awkward it would be as a guest watching it!! Imagine finding out on your wedding day that your OH kissed like that. ?

I'm in agreement with the try before you buy camp....you have to be compatible! Sex and living together are a big part of relationships! What a downer if on your wedding night you found out he was crap in bed ☹️

• mimzyC
    Beginner March 2016
    mimzyC ·
    • Hide content

IMO its weird. I'm all for sex before marriage. I think its only religious people who abstain isn't it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics