Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Should i buy my dress now?

Kayleigh, 26 of January of 2022 at 18:51 Posted on Planning 0 5
I've still got around 20 months til the big day but I KNOW I've found my dress and I'm afraid if I leave it too long they'll stop selling it and I won't find anything else. I'm trying to lose weight for the day, so buying in my size now then arranging to have it altered close to the time is an option. Thoughts? X

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsW, 28 of January of 2022 at 06:33
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    If you really love it then yes! The only thing I would say is to check with whoever would do the alterations first. Depending on the dress sometimes they cat be taken in by more that a size or two. It depends how much weight your planning on loosing too, but it’s something to take into consideration Smiley smile
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 💜
    I'm hoping to drop at least two sizes, realistically that's as much as I'm likely to lose so fingers crossed the dress can be altered enough! Xx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you love it then go for it, as Tamsin said, ask the shop about alterations and how much it can be taken in, usually is 2 sizes but some cant be due to structure or embellishments. also, maybe ask them if it is a new line, of it is then you will probably be ok for 6 months but the shop could let you know how long it may be carried in stock.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think you should go for it. You have done so well with losing weight i think now is the right time and if you do lose more then it gives you time to have it altered xx good luck x💗
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    Totally agree with the others - if it helps, I got mine 19 months out. My only regret was not taking enough pictures of it or my measurements on the day - I had a bit of stress before my first fitting as it had been so long - I was nervous about not liking it after so long and I couldn't remember what size or weight I was so was worried about getting in it. Mercifully it all went ok but given there will likely be a long time before buying it and it being worth doing the alterations, well worth making sure you have pictures etc to rely on and reassure yourself.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics